You belong with me, TP

Warning: Angst  because it's Ashley so what do you expect?

Tom nervously paced out front of the room his best friend Y/n was in as she got dressed for her wedding.

His palms were sweating as he mentally rehearsed all he had to say to the Y/h/c woman.

Swallowing he knocked on the door "come in" Y/n called out her back facing the door in case it had been her soon-to-be husband.

"Y/n" Tom muttered closing the door behind himself "wow. You look gorgeous" he smiled as she turned around. "Thank you" Y/n blushed curtsying lightly after giving him a little twirl.

"Did you need anything?" She questioned him innocently sweet gazing at him with her Y/e/c doe eyes.

"I-um I've got to tell you something before the last bit of confidence I scraped up disappears too" he nodded almost to reassure himself.

"Oh? Well, take a seat love" her British accent made itself known as she spoke peacefully.

"I-I can't Y/n"

"You belong with me, maybe in another world or lifetime, but I know you belong with me" Tom rushed out in one breath looking at her hopefully.

Hoping that maybe she'd call off her wedding and run away with him, her sister already permitted him to do so. Christine didn't believe that Lindsey was good for you, not the fact that you were much younger than them but the simple reasoning of he just didn't treat you as you deserved.

"I love you Y/n Y/m/n Perfect, I always have" Tom whispered.

"Oh"

"Oh?" Tom felt his heart shatter.

"I'm so sorry Tommy!" Y/n cried above a whisper walking up to the man "I want to love you the same way you love me. Effortlessly and pure. As if I gave your world light. But my matches are soaked and my candle is put out..."

She placed her soft cold hands on either side of his warm face before placing them lovingly on his shoulders.

Tom wanted her to feel and be loved not used and abused not just some trophy, not arm candy.

"How many scars did you justify, because you love the person holding the knife?" He asked her carefully.

Y/n tugged the lace sleeve of her dress down "it doesn't matter" she murmured ignoring all that has happened "he loves me!" She accused quietly.

"Does he? Does he love you more than I? Y/n he's hurting you" Tom's features softened looking into her eyes.

"I- I can't Tommy okay" Y/n cried as she looked away.

"I'm sorry Tom" with that she had left.

Tom's pov:

And I cried watching her walk down the aisle, not because you were hers but because she wasn't mine.

As they told their vows I looked at her smiling and laughing and my heart filled with love and I thought: yes I chose her, she is my person but what I had failed to notice was that she hadn't chosen me to be hers.

Basically, I wished that you loved me.