I HEARD A RUMOR

Începe de la început

"Whatever Dr. Maraj is getting and my regular Sam." A charming deep voice said.

I turned around to see Nasir handsomely rocking a custom Brioni Vanquish suit. I almost caught myself biting my lip before the cashier grabbed my attention.

"Dr. Maraj what would you like today?"

'Nasir...' I thought.

"Ohh ummm, can I get a regular hot coffee, with almond milk. And a everything bagel."

"Coming right up."

"So, I'm assuming this is our coffee date. Since somebody hasn't answered me yet." Nasir said leading us over to two empty seats nearby.

I smiled underneath my mask and put my head down. It was something about Nasir that made me feel like a little schoolgirl again.

"I'm sorry I got caught up planning for the award show."

"Oh, that's right, you're being nominated for a Harper Avery."

I nodded with a quick smile.

"That's dope, congratulations again."

"Thanks Nasir."

He smiled crossing his hands over his chest. "So, what suit am I wearing to take you to this event?"

I almost choked on my coffee. "Well ummm...I'm wearing blue."

Nasir licked his lips quickly. "Blue is my favorite color."

"That's cool." I said quickly looking down at my coffee.

"So that's a no I'm guessing?"

"Nasir I-."

"It's okay Onika, you can't rush perfection, right? Are you free this Saturday? We can meet here at 3pm before my meeting."

"Ummm I'm free after 2pm, so that should be fine."

He flashed me a smile, and quickly peeped at his watch. "Alright Dr. Maraj, I will see you around. Have a nice day." Nasir said getting up from the table and disappearing through the thick crowd of customers.

I released a breath I did not even know I was holding—damn Nasir was so handsome. I was in lalala land when my phone started ringing. I was confused as to why Dr. Jenkins was calling me, he knew I was still in therapy around this time—he made my schedule whereby I would have time within my shift to attend sessions.

"Hello?"

"Dr. Maraj I'm sorry to interrupt, but as soon as you get back to the hospital. I need you to step into my office." His toned sounded rushed and unsteady.

My heart rhythm picked up. "Dr. Jenkins is everything okay? Did something happen?"

He paused for a moment before he spoke again. "Maraj, I can assure you everything is fine. I just have to talk to you about something."

"Okay...I'm on my way." I quickly discarded the garbage in front of me and made my way to my car.

As I drove took the ten-minute commute to hospital, my mind was going million miles per second. I drove back to the hospital in full panic mode. Despite Dr. Jenkins saying nothing was wrong, I could tell by the sound in his voice that he was lying.

Before I hopped out of my car, I made sure my gun was tucked safely in my purse. By the time I made it in front of his door, my apple watch was praising me for the amount of steps I took in such a short time span. My nerves were so on edge, I felt embarrassed after I realized I opened the door without knocking.

Dr. Jenkins looked up from behind his desk with a quick smile, and so did a white man who sat in front of him.

"Wow that's a record Dr. Maraj less than two minutes?"