Seeing myself

"I am so sorry young Midoriya, I wanted to go over your training since you asked, but I still have so many grades to do". Midoriya was taken out of the notes he was taking, seeing how sorry All Might look like.

"This is okay! I was the one who suddenly asked out of the blue" reassured the omega with a smile, "Even if we can only talk a little bit about it will be okay". Clearly, being a teacher wasn't something the pro hero was used to, he did seem to get used to it, but it was obviously still a little hard for him to keep up with all the work.

Midoriya got up to make himself some tea again, preparing a little more in case All Might wanted some again. "Aizawa can be a pro hero and a teacher without problems, he really is doing it greatly" commented the hero to compare himself to. "Aizawa-sensei as been a teacher for longer too, I know you can become as good as him in the future" encouraged the young man, knowing All Might could do it, as he was already doing his best with him.

As he was waiting for the water to heat up, he walked back to where his mentor was, trying to see how much work he had been able to do. His attention caught on something before he could even do that, looking at All Might's neck. Was it... a bite mark?

Before he could control himself, his fingers had already reached out to brush away his hair a little to the side to see better. He jumped when a hand suddenly came to hide it, All Might going silent as he turned back towards him with a surprised look on his face. Midoriya quickly withdrew his hand, unable to say anything since too many things wanted to come out at the same time.

"All Might, are you-" he started before clasping a hand on his mouth, this wasn't what he wanted to say first, he wanted to apologise for it. A tense silence then fell into the room, as if the time had frozen. Only when the sound of the water being ready a couple of seconds later did they seem to snap out of it, All Might looking to the side seemingly thinking. "Get the tea ready, I have something to tell you...".

He had never noticed, All Might was so tall compared to him, and many people, so he could never have seen it without him sitting down. And his hair was long enough to hide it some more.

Midoriya had made some tea really quickly, going back to his seat, All Might having already cleared up the table. The man seemed to really be unsure how to start this, Midoriya simply waiting in silence to not pressure him. He was still unable to process what he had just stumbled onto. All Might had been a reason for the raise of beta in the previously very alpha dominated work that is being a pro hero. It still was, but way less than it had been before, even opening the door slightly for omegas to also be heroes.

"Why hiding it, it could have..." it could have help making society see that omegas were not good for nothing, could have shown him and the other that he still had a chance. With how All Might was seen by the public, so much could have come out of that.

But he somehow could understand parts of it, All Might wanted him to be the next symbol of peace, yet he himself wanted to hide as much as possible that he was an omega. He couldn't be mad at him for never making it publicly known.

"I know what you think... but it is a complicated matter, today I am seen as the symbol of peace, but it wasn't like this from the start". The man seemed to really have complicated thoughts about all of this. "And I would most likely not have been seen as the symbol of peace if it had been know early in my career."

"But it also never exactly occurred to me... being an omega was never something that had affected me as much as it does to you" he explained, pausing a little, "I seem to be one of those with anomalies when it comes to their second gender, it was found rather late compared to others, it is part of the reason why I could look the way I did, mixed with One for All obviously".