Sean chuckled, "He's not wrong, Owen. It was rather exhilarating."

I rolled my eyes at him and helped him off the ground. "And you are?" I asked.

"Ilvisar. Now please the Dagda is waiting," I felt my gut tighten. Somewhere in my mind, I knew who that was, but I couldn't remember. I squeezed Sean's hand as we walked.

Who's the Dagda? Why does it sound familiar? I asked him.

He chuckled, your memories are resurfacing, grá. The Dagda is the father God of the Tuatha dé Danann. He's your patron god, Owen.

Oh, great, no pressure - right? We followed Ilvisar to a clearing where a sloppy-looking man sat, eating a leg of something. His woolen cloak sat askew on his shoulders and a large cauldron churned at his feet. "About time you got here, Lachoth," he said as we approached.

He's talking to you, Owen - Sean said, he thinks you know your past life.

"Um, sir, my name is Owen Blackbourne. I don't know any Lachoth."

The man stood, dropped his meal, and looked me up and down. "Hmm, you do look different, boy. Perhaps the Aos Sí was telling the truth." He rubbed his chin as he thought. "Who have you brought with you?"

I gripped Sean's hand in mine, "This is my husband, Dr. Sean Green."

He scoffed, "He's Aos Sí. How, by the stars, did that happen?"

"Sir, I don't know how to explain. I know you think I'm someone else, and perhaps I once was, but the only memories I have are of being Owen. As for my husband, I've known him since we were children and loved him for almost as long. When we arrived in Faerie, Mab bonded us in marriage. We are also both marked by the sacred grove. He is Alder-called and I am Birch-called."

"Birch you say? Show me, boy," the man grumbled. I unbuttoned my shirt and he placed his hand near the mark. I felt a burning sensation and tried to pull away, but couldn't. Triple spirals were burned into my chest as he spoke, "Remember who you are." My eyes met his and I felt like I was spinning. All the dreams I saw from the night before came rushing back, but now I understood them. I clutched my head and fell to my knees. Sean wrapped his arms around me, calling my name, but I was being dragged down in a swirl of madness.

Mature Content Warning: M/F

Marc's POV

I felt strange. I was in a wooded area, but when I tried to speak, I made a snorting sound. I looked down and saw hooves. What the fuck? I followed the sound of running water and looked at my reflection in the creek. I was a fucking stag!

Suddenly, a smell made my nostrils flare - a doe.

On instinct, I began to chase in the direction of the smell. I could hear her running, but I was quicker. In moments, I had her cornered. She made soft bleating noises, eyes wide, then I felt a shiver run over my skin and when I looked again, Nimue was standing before me completely naked, and I was myself again.

I started to speak, but she placed a finger against my lips. She pressed her body against mine, her lips ghosting over my own. "I submit to you, Stag King," she whispered, then kissed me. I wove my fingers into her hair, gripping tightly, and pulled her deeper into the kiss. Her whole body shivered and it drove me insane. I didn't care where we were or who was around, I tugged her down onto her knees, still kissing her, then broke the kiss as we struggled to catch our breath. I pulled her back against my chest, and cupped her breast, pinching and massaging them. She let out a soft whimper as I ran my hand lower, sliding my fingers through the wetness I found.

I pushed her down on her hands and knees, then slammed inside of her, groaning, "By Rowan and water, as the Stag King I claim you, Lady of the Woods." The words flowed from my lips as they had in so many previous lives. She and I had been here before. We had performed the Bealtaine ritual, taken on the role of the God and Goddess, even had a child together - I saw it all, and so did she. Her back arched to take every thrust as I felt my orgasm break, filling her with my cum. Her boy shook as she cried out my name, her juices dripping down her legs.

Nimue fell to the ground, and I lowered myself behind her, wrapping her in my arms. "I love you," I said softly, placing kisses on her neck.

She made a quiet humming sound and smiled, "I love you too, Marc." She turned her head to me, shifting her body slightly. "I have to go soon. Cernunnos will be here for you soon." Placing a kiss on my lips, she smiled again, "I'm glad that Rowan chose you. Your natural determination makes you a force to be reckoned with. I know you will protect me and the children well."

"I will always protect you and them, my love," I said, kissing her in return. She stroked my cheek and whispered goodbye as she faded away.

"Sucks when they just vanish like that doesn't it," a deep voice said from behind me.

"Spying again, Cernunnos?" I chortled and turned to face the god. "Thanks for that little jaunt down memory lane, now what do I need to know?" I sat on the fallen log near him, hands clasped.

He threw his head back and let out a booming laugh, "Oh how I've missed you, Rowan! Ever the sassy one." He reached his hand out to me and suddenly there was a goblet filled to the brim. I took it without hesitation. "So how much do you remember?"

"Most of it," I said, knocking back the bitter mead. "A few of the lifetimes are fuzzy, but not the ones that revolved around her or Arthur. I'm assuming we face the same risks this time around? Has her aunt made any alliances I need to know about?"

"I've got intel that she's using the Bánánach for some of her dirty work, and of course she's swayed several dark Fae like the Pooka to her side with hollow promises," Cernunnos said, shaking his head. "Rumors have circulated that she's trying to bargain with Balor. My sources say she's promising him the male child in exchange for eliminating all of you."

I felt the metal of the goblet warp as my fist tightened around it, mead spilling over my hand. How dare she? I'm getting tired of killing this bitch, lifetime after lifetime. "Do they know who the descendent is yet, or are they just after Nimue and the children?" I seethed.

"I'm not certain. If they know who it is, they're keeping it quiet, and you know I can't tell anyone, and neither can you."

Of course, he was right. If the descendent were to be pushed too soon, he would bolt. Destiny is a fickle thing, and there are so many ridiculous rules. "I know better than to open my mouth," I grunted, "but that doesn't mean I won't step in if he's in harm's way. You of all people know I can't allow him to fall."

Cernunnos put his hand on my shoulder, "And you know what he's faced already. He's a survivor, don't underestimate him. He's already passed the first test." He took a drink of his own mead, "Will they be ready in time?"

"Most are already there, and the others just don't know their own skills yet. Luke will make a strong Merlin, maybe better than Taliesin was. Of course, having a vested interest in both parties will help." I smiled broadly, "Then again, we all have a vested interest this time around. It's so crazy to see all of us pulled together like this."

He chuckled, "Yeah, she's got her hands full with all of you. A few might take an extra push or two, but if anyone can make it work, it's her." He rose and I followed his actions. "I'll keep you informed. Are you staying in Faerie or returning to the mortal world?"

"I'm not sure yet. It might depend on how the others fare with their spirit walks. Some are facing terrible darkness right now." I could sense Owen's struggle and Victor's despair. "Be well, my friend," I told him, giving him a fierce hug. I teleported near where I'd been then walked toward the grove.

Author's Notes:  Well, damn, Marc knows everything.  Not what I'd planned, but they just kept talking...

Please vote, comment, follow and share!