Duel Of The Fates Part One

War rages across the galaxy once again! Two years have passed since the Resistance's narrow escape from Crait and the iron grip of the FIRST ORDER has spread to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. Only a few scattered planets remain unoccupied. Traitorous acts are punishable by death.

Unbeknownst to the Resistance and after a year of disappearing, Supreme Leader KYLO REN has returned and silenced all communication between neighboring systems. He has come back with a great power to destroy any challenge to his reign.

Led by GENERAL LEIA ORGANA, the Resistance has planned a secret mission to prevent their annihilation and forge a path to freedom...

...

Kuat Drive Yards, Kuat

A First Order transport flew across a rich tapestry of stars that seemed to reach across forever before it was accepted by the glowing rectangular entrance of docking bay of the Orbital Ring that encircled the lush green planet of Kuat, home to the famed Kuat Drive Yards that had previously served the Galactic Empire for decades before serving the First Order.

The shipyards and construction facilities of Kuat that formed its prominent mechanical ring was considered one of the most efficient shipyards in the galaxy, which was why the First Order was quick to exploit it as a resource to produce ships and weaponry for its own Empire under its former Supreme Leader Snoke, quickly expanding the First Order from a military junta faction comprised from the remnants of the long-since defeated Galactic Empire to the de-facto ruling power rivaling its predecessor in its reach and tyrannical control.

As the transport landed, a wide platform descended from the ship, revealing a variety of droids.

One, a graphite colored ball-shaped BB Unit, carefully split off from the group. It swerved to avoid a brutish labor droid, scraping its spherical side against the wall.

The droid's head tilted down, checking a scuff in its paint, revealing its true orange chassis beneath.

The droid let out an "uh-oh" in its digital droidspeak, and quickly rotated the orange scuff beneath his head.

In a surveillance den from one of the many ore powershafts that jutted from the Ring and pierced the planet below, a comm device blinked in a cramped room stacked with recycled Imperial gear.

A gloved hand snatched it, connected to a fair-skinned forearm covered with grease smudges and healed or healing burns and scratches, belonging to the small yet tough Rose Tico of the Resistance dedicated to combating the First Order.

"BB-8, you in?" she whispered sharply into the comm.

The imposter graphite BB Unit beeped an affirmative.

Rose looked up through the broken roof of the surveillance den at the Orbital Ring in the sky above, where Star Destroyers protruded from it like the spikes of a punk bracelet.

Her half-moon eyes squinted as she fought the glare of the Kuat sun, glinting of the durasteel of the Star Destroyers' hulls.

"I need eyes on the checkpoint," requested Rose through her comm.

From inside the Ring, BB-8 plugged into a scomp terminal, the droid's A.I. as anxious and tense as any organic being would be.

Inside Rose's surveillance den, a holomonitor grid lit up, blurred and scrambled. Rose strapped electrogoggles over her cracked leather flight helmet.

"Atta boy," she said with a grin as the images unscrambled, revealing a security checkpoint. The HUD zoomed on an approaching troop transport.

Rose took a deep breath. "Here they come..."