"Thoda odd lagega because mai waha kisiko jaanti nahi hoon...." She said honestly. "But tum rahoge....Omi nikhila rahega....so i will be fine...."

He smiled softly and kissed her hair.

"Pub mein hoga...." He said looking at her remembering how she was uncomfortable with it because of a past incident.

"Pata hai....tum rahoge...." She said keeping her head on his shoulder.

*****

They had gone to the pub and Karan had gone in holding her hand. She had worn a black bodycon dress which ended right above her knees.

"Why haven't you kept your hair open?" He whispered in her ear. She had her hair in a pony.

"Straight karne ka time nahi mila....it is frizzy...." She chuckled a bit.

Karan waved at someone at a distance.

"Tum jaao....i will be fine...." She said softly.

"Nahi...."

"Karan....i am not scared....Omi hai nuh i will be with him....it is your party....you need to go and talk to people....and moreover yaha sab tumhare team ke hai....i won't be scared...." She said squeezing his palm.

He nodded a bit. He wanted to let her be for a moment not because he wanted to go and talk to people alone. But because he wanted Teja to slowly come out of her fear. And he knew she will be safe with Omi.

He took her to where Omi was standing and was talking to a guy from the camera department and gestured him to stand by her side and went to the director.

He had spoken to everyone and in between made sure to come to her and make sure that she was fine.

He had gone to the bar to take two mojito for himself and Teja.

A girl came near him and kept her hand on his shoulder.

Teja looked over her shoulder and saw her keeping her hand on his shoulder. She was standing super close to him.

They seemed to have a conversation and Karan smiled sheepishly and raised his right hand and pointed at his ring. Teja smiled immediately. He was telling her that he was engaged in response to her advance.

She looked back at Omi concentrating on what he was saying.

"Yeh lo....mojito...." Karan gave her the glass and took a sip from his.

"Thanks...." She said softly. "What was she saying?"

"Ohh...." He said with a smirk. "So kisine notice kiya?"

"Hmm....so?"

"Nahi....good....i like it....i like when my girl is territorial....kuch nahi number maang rahi thi....for a fling may be...." He shrugged and she glared at him. "Mana kar diya babah...."

"Dekha maine....good for you...." She rolled her eyes and sipped her drink. But smiled internally.

He had cut the cake and had fed her first out of everyone.

They stayed for some more time and then went back to their suite. It was almost 2:30 at night and Karan was a little tipsy.

He sat on the couch and opened his blazer and threw it on the other couch.

Teja switched on the AC and sat beside him.

"Shirt pehente kyun ho agar saare buttons kholke hi rakhna hai?" She muttered under her breath.

"I heard you...." He chuckled a bit. "Kyun?problem hai?"

"Nahi...." She said immediately.

"Thanks Teja....mere birthday ko itna effortlessly itna memorable banane ke liye...." He said softly while looking at her.

She leaned back on the couch and looked at the ceiling with a smile. And he kept looking at her with drowsy eyes before both of them drifted off to sleep.

*****

Teja had returned to Mumbai the next day and Karan had come back after a couple of days.

Teja had a surgery to perform which took a little more time than she had initially thought. She came home at about 12:30 at night , freshened up and quickly messaged him.

Reached home.

Karan called her immediately.

"Hi...." She chuckled after picking up the call.

"Dinner kiya?" He asked softly.

"Haan baithi hoon dinner leke...."

"Listen nuh meri ek friend aa rahi hai Mumbai from cape town....toh she was asking if we could meet....tum chal rahi ho okay?sunday i fine right?"

"Arrey tumhari friend hai....tum milo....karan yeh har jagah mujhe leke jaoge toh sab irritated ho jayenge tumhe leke...." She rolled her eyes.

"Shut up....milwa dungi tumhe....please mana mat karna....please please...." He whined like a kid.

"Okay fine...." She muttered.

"Yess....and suno woh...." He scratched the back of his neck.

"Ab kya?"

"Woh meri ex hai....as in we had dated during high school and college...." He said scratching his head.