Part-20

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Teja came downstairs in the morning and saw Karan in the kitchen pouring water into the pan.

"Good morning...." She came and stood across the counter.

"Good morning...." He flashed a smiled. "Coffee?"

"Nope chai...." She said softly and he looked at her frowning.

"Chai?"

She nodded softly.

"Okay...." He smiled shyly and poured some more water to make one more cup of tea. He knew why she was wanting to drink tea. Because he made it every morning.

She chuckled softly and went to the garden for a walk.

He came out with two cups of tea and started to walk beside her.

"Here chai...." He gave her the cup and she took the cup with a smile and had a sip.

"Bohut acchhi hai...." She smiled softly.

He was about to say something when his phone started to ring.

"Excuse me...." He said politely and went aside and took the call.

Teja kept walking and sipping her tea and looked at him from time to time.

He seemed to be tensed. He was talking nervously with someone. She kept looking at him from a distance.

After about 5 minutes he disconnected the call and took out his vape from the pocket and took a few puffs. He kept it back and sipped his tea and walked back to her.

"All okay?" She asked with concern.

"Yeah it was Omi....we have to put a post....as in paid collaboration but the edit is not ready...." He said worried.

"Oh...." She said immediately. "Ho jayega nuh time pe?"

"I hope...." He smiled nervously.

"Don't worry okay?i am sure your team will do it on time...." She said ina comforting voice.

Although Karan was not convinced but he nodded.

They walked around the garden in silence as Karan was completely lost in his thoughts.

They had gone inside and sat for breakfast and then Teja sat with Madhu for the chopping , but she kept looking at him from time to time. He was still nervous. She had noticed him going out of the house to the garden every half an hour to take a couple of puffs of his vape.

Iss ka kuch karna padhega.

She went to him and sat beside him in the garden.

"Hua sort?" She asked looking at him.

He shook his head and took his phone from the table and went aside to make a call again.

She quickly took the vape from the table and went inside.

Karan came back to the table absent mindedly and took his second phone and wallet and went inside without noticing his vape missing.

After half an hour he put his hand into the pocket and frowned.

Where the hell is my vape.

He went to his room and searched everywhere but couldn't find it anywhere. He closed his eyes in frustration. He badly needed a puff.

He went downstairs completely annoyed and saw Teja and Madhu back to chopping.

"Kya hua?" Madhu frowned seeing him annoyed.

"Nothing...." He muttered not wanting to lose it on anybody and went to the garden again.

They had their lunch and decided to take a small nap. When Teja had woken up it was around 5 in the afternoon.

She went downstairs and saw him sitting in the lounge alone.

"Is it solved?" She asked looking at him.

He looked at her and smiled happily.

"Yeah....nikhil managed it on time...."

Teja smiled softly and sat beside him.

"Chai peeyogi?" He asked softly.

"Okay...." She shrugged and he went to the kitchen to make tea.

*****

"I cannot believe Teju is winning every round...." Bharat said frowning.

"Exactly...." Riddhima rolled her eyes.

The kids had gather in the lounge after dinner. Karan was chatting with Adi in a corner about some operating system and the others who were not interested in the conversation were playing and having fun.

They had suddenly decided to play the staring game and Teja had won both the rounds. Round one with Poonam and round two with Arjun.

"But not this time....i am good at it...." Bharat said proudly.

"Okay...." Teja said shrugging. "I am game...."

Bharat sat in front of her and they began the game. Teja didn't blink once and after sometime Bharat gave up. Teja smirked.

"Good at it right?" She asked sheepishly.

"Okay me this time....and i will win...." Meenu smirked and sat in front of her.

"Okay...." Teja chuckled and they started the game.

"Sunny dekh ke chai mat gira...." Meenu said looking at Karan from the corner of her eyes.

Teja immediately looked at him and Karan looked at her in confusion.

"Kaunsi chai?" He said frowning.

"Yes i won....teju got distracted just by listening to sunny...." Meenu jumped up and said with a teasing smile.

"Ohoooo...." Everyone hooted and Teja immediately chuckled and blushed deeply.

Karan shook his head hopelessly with a shy smile as everyone kept teasing them.

*****

It was about 1:30 at night when everyone decided to go to their respective rooms to sleep. They would have to leave early next morning.

Karan and Adi were talking to his jiju when Teja went to his room. She sneaked into his room and took the vape out from the pocket of her track pant and kept it on the side table.

He will think it was here all along he just missed it. She smiled victoriously and turned back to go out and was startled out of her wits.

He was standing there leaning on the wall beside the door with his hands crossed at his chest and smirked.

She widened her eyes and looked here and there and he cleared his throat and walked towards her.

"So you took it away?" He asked looking at her who looked everywhere other than into his eyes.