Part-17

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Teja went to her room and closed the door and smiled softly. It was after 7 years that she had gone to a club. The last time she had gone was during her MBBS and she didn't even want to remember that evening.

She sat in front of the dressing table and opened her earrings , keeping it on the tray.

She smiled softly while removing her makeup and as she started to recall the evening with him , her smile started to grow wider.

She opened her instagram and went to his profile and opened his latest post.

"Why don't you post something cute huh?humesha hot banke ghumna zaruri hai?" She frowned and started to wipe her face with the makeup removing wipe.

"Oh sorry you want this image of you right?stupid....uss din jab tumne terrace pe pucha mujhse ki tum mujhe apne friends se milwana chahte ho and whether i will come to the pub with you or not....i don't know why i couldn't say no....honestly i didn't want to say no....you were holding my hand and i don't know in that one moment i felt that no matter what you will protect me....not just for that evening but for life...." She smiled softly.

She threw the used wipe in the bin and looked at the screen again.

"And i was not wrong...." She said softly. "I won't lie....i was scared....the moment we entered there i got back those memories but then you held me and guided me through the crowd....aisa lag raha tha that i don't need to worry about anything....you are there to keep me safe....to keep me protected...." She whispered softly.

"Thank you Karan....thank you...." She said softly. "Chalo bohut ho gaya....good night huh?and by the way....you were looking hot aaj....byeeeee...." And with that she locked her phone and chuckled.

*****

Karan went to his room and closed the door and sat on the bed. His face had hardened by then.

"So whatever i will ask you to do....you will do it just because i have asked you...." He scoffed angrily. "Why?am i monster?can't you share anything with me?what do you think Dr.Tejasswi Prakash that i will force you to become a certain way...." And he suddenly remembered how she had immediately started to justify why she had ordered coke. "Yeah right...." He muttered sarcastically. "You think i will judge you....itna ki you cannot even share the worries with me?i do not even expect you to open up to me about everything....but you could have said no and i would have understood....even uf you wouldn't have elaborated the reason...."

He opened his shoes and threw them aside and laid down on the bed not bothering to change.

*****

Karan came downstairs in the morning and saw his mother her mother and her bua sitting in the lounge and adi and his jiju were walking in the garden.

"Sunny don't have to make tea....it's made....pour it from the flask and take some biscuit...." His mother instructed him as he went to the kitchen.

He nodded and smiled at them and wished them good morning at started to pour tea for himself.

He saw Teja coming down and had it been some other day he would have poured tea for her as well and gave her a cup. He had done it a couple of times in the past few days. But he didn't bother this time. He took his cup and went and sat on the couch.

Teja had walked to the garden to wish adi and his jiju and had come back and sat with the ladies and him in the lounge.

He was going through the newspaper and was sipping his tea and her cup was not on the centre table.

He must have not noticed that I had come down.

Karan saw her looking at him from the corner of his eyes. He folded the newspaper and kept it on the table and got up and went out to the garden with his cup of tea.

She frowned immediately. It was odd. He didn't even smile at her. Neither did he look at her. And the moment she had come and sat there , he got up and left.

Stop overthinking. Kal hi toh sab thik tha. Obviously kuch nahi hua hai. May be something about his work. Isiliye mood off hai.

After an hour Karan had gone upstairs and came down after changing.

"Mumma mujhe thoda kaam hai....mai late ho jaunga....lunch bahar kar lunga...." He told his mother who was working in the kitchen.

"Arrey have your breakfast and go...." His mother frowned immediately.

"No mumma i am late....bye...." He kissed her hair and looked at her mother who was also there. "Bye aunty...." He said sweetly and walked to the lounge.

Poonam Riddhima and Teja were sitting there and were chopping some vegetables. They had heard the entire conversation.

"Byee di....bye riddhima...." He smiled at the two of them and walked out.

Poonam and Riddhima looked at Teja in confusion who was looking at his retreating figure.

Pakka kuch hua hai. He is purposely avoiding me.

She didn't react and continued to chop the vegetables.

It was evening and he hadn't come home. She had left a message on watsapp asking him when will he be back and whether he had breakfast and lunch or not. He had not seen the messages.

She was getting impatient. She knew something was wrong.

He had come back after everyone were done with their dinner. They were sitting in the garden and were playing something. He smiled at them.

"Kaha tha sunny?dinner lagau?" Meenu got up and he shook his head.

"I have had dinner and come...." He said sweetly and went to his room after having some small talks.

Teja and Madhu served kheer for everyone as they sat in the garden.

"Teju....sunny ko deke aayegi please?" Madhu said sweetly.

She nodded. She needed a chance to talk to him.

She took the bowl of kheer and went to his room and knocked.

"Khula hai...." She heard his voice from inside. She slowly opened the door and went inside to see him doing something on his laptop.

He looked at her and sat straight.

"Kya hua?" He asked politely.

"Kheer...." She kept the bowl on the side table.

He nodded a little and looked back at the screen. She stood there not knowing how to start the conversation.

"You want to say something?" He looked at her as she was standing there.

"Are you okay?are you upset on me?" She asked slowly.

"I will have the kheer later...." He said looking back at the screen.

He is upset. For sure.

"Karan....what hap...." Before she could say any further he cut her off.

"I will have it later Tejasswi....anything else?"