Chapter Twenty-five: Fixated

Start from the beginning

Shiki suddenly stood up his head swish from his left, I couldn't exactly see his face only the back of his head. Because of him blocking the view, I leaned towards my desk to see what's happening.

The students seems to be unbothered by this which just lead them to leave the room, for our next class was vacant anyway.

"You're bothering her, be a gentleman and leave her alone, alright?"

Before Shiki could even March towards them, Arlo stood up, putting himself in front of Rei, blocking her from Austin.

Austin staggered back by Arlo's sudden intervention, also probably because of his innocent smiling looking face. His expression screamed frustration, but fortunately he scurried off together with a 'tsk'.

"Are you ok?" Arlo twist his upper body slightly as he check on Rei which was behind him.

Rei who was seem to be in a daze for a while after his intervention flinch as she aggressively nodded. Daryll who was on her side nudges her with a teasing expression plastered onto his face.

It was quite a sight, moreover, it was the first time I saw Arlo have a conversation with Rei. Despite him being on our circle of friends(I guess) he doesn't interact with the others. He was just likely made to be there. Although, sometimes, he goes with the twins.

His face was like your typical innocent looking boy— He definitely scream the typical second male lead in every romance Webtoon or manga I had read before. Well, it's quite too early for me to just end my judgement there.

My train of thoughts was instantly disturbed by a tap on my shoulder. It was Shiki.

Honestly, this is a first interaction after that incident a few days ago. Perhaps it was because we have nothing to share or talk about with each other.

"Here."

To my surprise, he handed me a brooch which was a ruby brooch, but this time it was a pin. This made me look at him, bewildered.

"Um...Thank you..?" Was the only words that came out of my mouth.

"It's not from me. It was from Ezra." He replied.

Ezra?

Do I know anyone with that sort of name?

Oh.

It was that guy with a muddy colored hair, wasn't it?

Ezryn.

I see.

Still, I'm quite curious why does his hair turn in a pink shade then to his current appearance? It was quite a mystery. Does he have an artifact which he use? Magic? A spell? Potion?

I accepted the brooch handed to me as my eyes started to wander finding that particular person. He must've left.

I bet Shiki was quite baffled when Ezryn handed him the brooch ask him to deliver it to me.

I shrugged as I only put the pin inside of my bag.

"It may be late to ask you this, but, how are you feeling?"

My head turn to Shiki who has, his old stoic expression, staring at me. I was quite baffled by the sudden question, but after the brief silent, I nodded and responded.

"I'm quite alright, thanks."

My answer seems to be quite blunt, but I didn't care, Shiki seem to not mind either. Soon, the others started calling me to go with them. Shiki, on the other hand got left behind, sitting there without a care in the world.