She shrugged his hands off. "Then I really feel sorry for Amy." She closed her car door. "I'm not going anywhere with you, Levi. Harry hasn't hurt me and if you don't stop spreading that rumor—"

"A female werewolf from his clan came to me and told me all about him. About how he was using her for sex, about how he treated her like trash. But even if she hadn't told me, I've seen him abusing you with my own eyes." He shook his head. "I'm so sorry, Raina. I couldn't think of a way to help you then. That's why we need to get going now." He grabbed her arm and tugged her toward his car.

Huffing, she yanked out of his hold. Scowling at him, she asked, "What female? And what do you mean you saw him abusing me?"

"Mina told me that you were having a party. I thought I might get the chance to help you escape, but there were too many of those animals surrounding you. And then you ran off into the woods and I followed but you were running so fast. Damn, girl, you should have run track. Anyway, when I caught up to you..." He shook his head. "That... monster was raping you."

Raina blinked. Her face felt like it was on fire. "You..." She stopped and cleared her throat. She couldn't meet his gaze. "That—That wasn't rape."

"Raina, don't lie to me. He was so rough with you. I'm surprised you can walk if that's the way he treats you."

"I am not going to discuss our sex life with you. And I'm not leaving with you." She inhaled. "Levi, when we were together, we were young—too young to get married. And despite what you think, I'm over you. I love my husband."

He shook his head. "Mina warned me that he had you too scared to run, but she told me some ways to hide from him."

"And what about your children? You're willing to abandon them?"

He shrugged. "They've got their mother and a host of other relatives."

Raina looked him over from head to toe. She didn't bother to hide her disgust. "You're a horrible father. And you think I'd run off with you?"

"I'd be there for our babies." He grabbed her hand. "You never truly get over your first."

"It's more like that unfortunately you never forget your first."

"I'm doing this for your own good, Raina. I love you."

Suddenly, she was surrounded by that same fetid odor she'd smelled when she'd talked to Mina. She fell back a step and pressed the back of her hand to her nose. The door handle of her car poked into her side. The meaning of the scent was suddenly clear. She was smelling lies.

"No, you don't." She said with certainty. "You don't even know what that means. You just can't stand the thought that I've moved on with someone else. You like the idea of someone being in love with you." She shook her head. "You're wasting your time. I haven't loved you since high school. And even that was only a crush. It's nothing compared to what I have with Harry."

Levi sighed. "Are you going to make this easy?" He reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a handful of zip ties. "Or are you going to fight me?"

She narrowed her eyes at him, a growl vibrating in her throat. "Fight." She declared, grinning when his eyes widened in terror.

"Y-Your eyes... t-they're glowing... What has he done to you?"

"He made me his in all ways." She approached him and he backed away. "It's time—once and for all—that you understood that my life didn't end when I dumped you. I should thank you for being stupid enough to be so brazen with your infidelity. Now, I'm with a man—not some boy who goes around irresponsibly making babies and has no respect for women." She snatched the zip ties out of his hands. "I've tried to be patient with you for the sake of your babies and Amy—God bless her. But attempted kidnapping? I'm not willing to overlook that. And if you care so little for your children that you were willing to abandon them, then perhaps they're better off without you." She wrinkled her nose as the stench of urine reached her nostrils. She looked down at Levi's crotch just as he did. They both watched as a shameful dark stain spread over his thigh.