He nodded. "To us, yes."

The trees weren't so dense that they had difficulty traveling through them. Pine needles littered the ground. Light filtered through from above, but the shade made it much cooler in the woods. Snow from their last storm a month ago lingered in the shadows and at the bases of the larger trees.

Raina suddenly realized that she wasn't wearing a sweater or a coat and she was still comfortable.

"I'm not cold." She said, the surprise apparent in her voice.

"Werewolves run hotter."

"Then why do you own a coat?"

"To blend in." He said with a shrug. "The more our differences are apparent, the more frightened humans will be of us. Most of us just want a peaceful existence for ourselves and our families. In that way, we're very much like humans."

They continued on for some time in silence.

Raina gradually became aware of the various scents. The strongest, naturally, was Harry as he was right next to her. As the other smells reached her nose, she began to decipher them. There was the earth, the pine trees, the animals... She felt as if she tried, she could easily follow their trail.

"Something went that way." She pointed to her right.

He nodded. "A deer. They're plentiful here. I caught the one I used for our stew."

"A deer." She repeated, committing the smell to memory. As they walked on, she asked, "Does all this land belong to you? Us?" She glanced back.

Their cabin was no longer visible through the trees and hadn't been for some time. She estimated that they'd been walking for about twenty-five minutes.

"For about another acre or so. We like space to run. The land that abuts ours belongs to my friend Isaac's family. We're welcome there as well. If we keep going this way, we'll eventually run into his house."

A light rain began to fall and turned her face up to catch the mist. "I could smell the rain coming, but I didn't know what it was."

He raised his face and sniffed. "We should go back."

"Why? I love the rain. And it's light." She supposed she should be more concerned about the frizzy mess her hair was going to become, but she needed to wash it anyway.

"It is for now. There will be a downpour soon." The return walk wasn't as leisurely. Harry hurried her along.

By the time they reached the cabin, what started as a mist had strengthened into a heavy drizzle. They ran the last yard and made it inside seconds before the sky opened up. The rain was so heavy that it was a solid wall of white.

"You didn't lock the door." Raina panted her observation. He hadn't even taken keys with him.

"It's a safe area. Most of the people are pack. And now that we're mated, we shouldn't have any trouble."

She grinned, her eyes flickering over his large frame. "Needed my protection, did you?"

His cheeks actually reddened and she laughed. "There was this werewolf who wanted to be my mate—"

The deep growl shocked her and she looked around, her eyes wide.

Harry grinned. "You did that." He sounded proud of her.

"I did not!"

He laughed. "You did. It's normal. I'm your mate. Naturally, you don't like the idea of someone else pursuing me."

Her hands curled into fists and her nails dug into her palms. No, she really didn't like that idea. "Are we going to have a problem?"

"No. Werewolves respect the mating bond. Only death can break it." He drew her close and buried his face in her neck. He inhaled and then nipped her ear. "You're it for me, baby."