23: Near Death Experience

ابدأ من البداية

"He, uh, he means a new gps app on his... phone." Leo terribly lied. I nodded playing along. I didn't have energy to point out the ridiculous excuse. I watched the blurred road ahead trying to keep myself calm and not have another meltdown. I've already had one this year I don't need another.

"Ahh!"

I jumped at the unexpected scream from Leo. I'm more jumpy than usual which should be reasonable as were nearing our final moments of life. I looked over to the drivers window and saw Bree hanging from the side mirror?

"What the— how?" I stuttered. Leo waved me off staring at Bree.

I may know they have powers but I got to play the part of the clueless friend, right?

"Open the door!" Bree shouted.

"I can't."

'The child's safety lock is always engaged for passengers under the age of nine.'

"I'm fourteen!"

'You are very small for your age.'

It's a serious situation but it's nearly impossible to not laugh when a literal car calls you out.

"Look for emergency brake!" Bree instructed.

"Bree, I've tried that it—" I tried to explain to her that we already tried everything. Per usual I was cut off when Leo pulled on something that definitely wasn't the emergency brakes.

'Turbo-booster engaged.'

Leo and I got slammed into our seat. The car went at an insane speed which resulted in Bree being thrown off the car.

"Leo!" I frustratedly screamed.

"That wasn't it!"

We're back to square one. I really hoped Bree would've been able to get us out. Guess we got to rely on Adam and Chase. I trust that one of them could pull a miracle and get us out.

"Hang on, guys, I'm gonna try something." Chase stated.

There was a seconds pause. We waited for something to happen and it did. Only it wasn't anything useful, in fact Chase somehow made the car go crazy. The blinker and wipers were on and the radio played statics.

"Well, Chase, you completed the fourteen pint maintenance checklist. Now all we need is an oil change and we're good to go!" Leo shouted into the phone.

"Is it really the time to be sarcastic?!"

"It's my coping mechanism!"

At the speed we're going we'll reach to ocean in no time.

"Uh, hey Leo. Is it a bad time to mention I'm deathly afraid of open water and can't swim?"

I kept my eyes on the gps showing how close we were to the ocean. I gripped onto the seat, tensing at the alarmingly small distance between the car and ocean.

"Oh, it's okay. Did I mentions I'm deathly afraid of dying!" Leo yelled, mocking me.

"No need to be rude about it."