4.0 - I need you better

saved - khalid

i'll keep your number saved 'cause i hope one day you'll get the sense to call me

I wake up with burning pains in my chest and bright lights above me.

Is this it?

Did I die?

I hear mumbled voices, but I can't make out what any of them are saying.

Can I open my eyes?

How do I open my eyes?

I feel someone holding my hand, and another hand brushing my hair back.

Is that Grayson?

Am I not dead, then?

Is Wesley dead?

How do I open my eyes?

A monitor beeps steadily, and the loud sound makes my head hurt.

I want to wake up now.

The beeps speed up as I start to panic.

I need to wake up.

"I love you so much"

That's definitely Grayson.

Am I sleeping?

Warm lips touch my forehead as he brushes my hair back again.

"I'll be right here when you wake up, I promise"

The beep slowly goes back to normal. Even when I'm not awake, he can still calm me down.

The next time I'm conscious, I can open my eyes. The bright lights burn, and my throat itches like crazy.

"Thank fucking god"

My head snaps over to find Grayson sitting in a hospital chair next to me.

I'm in the hospital?

"Don't ever do that to me again, you scared the shit out of me" he scolds. He leans to kiss my head.

Wesley. I need to know.

"Where is Wesley?" I blurt.

He frowns and I feel bad for asking.

"Baby," he says sadly, "He's upstairs" 

I suddenly forget how to breathe, and the beeping gets extremely fast this time.

"Hey, hey, I'm right here, he's not going to hurt you, I won't let anything happen to you" he assures me. It doesn't sooth me much.

He should be dead.

As he lifts his hand to touch my face, I spot a bandage covering his palm.

"What happened?" I ask quickly. He hesitates.