SPECIAL CHAPTER 4

Start from the beginning

“Let’s go!” Markus has our baby’s pink baby bag and all the stuffs are ready.
He grabbed it by his shoulder then carried me but he stopped when he felt my water’s broke. “W-What was that, Theza Marie?” kinakabahang tanong niya sa akin.

“My water has broke,” I simple answered. While we were on the road Markus was restless and panicked all the time.

“How do you manage to do that? Baby, is that still normal?” he asked me an astonishing question even though the concern was in his voice.

"Which one?" kalmadong tanong ko sa kanya.

"Why does it seem like nothing to you? Your hands are cold and your heart is beating fast but why don't you look nervous? Doesn't it hurt, baby? Are you not hurt?" sunud-sunod na tanong niya sa akin.

"Masakit. Nasasaktan. I just don't want you to see my nervousness and fear, Markus. You might freak out even more. Eh, I'm calm but you're still panicking," I said.

He kissed the back of my hand and I could see the side of his tears.

"I'm so proud of you, baby... Just hold on, we are almost there." Ngumiwi siya nang hinawakan ko nang mahigpit ang kamay niya.

That way he feels the pain that I feel too.

Minutes later and we arrived at the hospital too. I was immediately taken to the delivery room and our children were left outside who insisted to come.

"I'll go with her," my husband told his friend.

"Are you sure? Will you not faint? Just by the look you're nervous and look like you're about to pee your pants and look at your lovely wife. She's about to give birth but I didn't even see a trace of emotion in her face. Your wife seems calmer than you are," his friend stated.

"You say too much."

"Are you okay, Mrs. Brilliantes? Just take a deep breath, okay?" he asked me and I nodded.

"Your wife is one of a kind, Mark. Looks like an alien and didn't even cry. I wish my beautiful wife was like her but nope. She was still fighting with me when she was about to give birth too. Your wife is amazing."

"Please, Dex! Stop and my wife is suffering. Then you go out immediately! Bawal ka sa loob kahit doctor ka pa!"

"Markus, calm down," marahan ang boses na wika ko sa kanya.

Dexil even clapped and smiled. "Well done! She's about to give birth and still calm. What a brave."

Markus even walked me to the delivery room and he wouldn't let go of my hand even if it was shaking. His hands are probably colder than mine.

"Breathe, baby. Calm down. I'll be fine," I told him. It looks like he's having trouble breathing because of nervousness.

He kissed my forehead and cheek several times.

"It's like I'm the one who's going to give birth," he said shakingly and I just smiled at him. I can see that.

My face wrinkled when my stomach started fluttering and my husband saw it, so he panicked again.

"I'll be fine. This is worth it, baby. After this," sabi ko pa.

"Okay, Mrs. Brilliantes. Let's relax yourself first. Breath in, breath out." I did the doctor's orders at gumaya rin sa akin si Markus kaya nadi-distract niya ako sa sakit. Napangiti ako.

"Okay. Ready yourself. First, push..."

I've screamed a few times and my voice is not as loud. I held my husband's hand tightly and he witnessed all my struggles to give birth to our child.