Chapter 37: Lisa Lavender

Start from the beginning

... Only to miss by a long shot. Lisa weaved in between his strikes with grace, laughing at him.

"Oh, why didn't I fight you sooner!? This is fun!" She screamed. She backflipped away, and picked up one of the cables. Y/N didn't have time to get out of the way as she plunged it into his chest, his entire body lighting up with electricity. "You're Semblance, it's weak to anything that causes continuous damage, right!? How shocking!"

Y/N was blown back, rolling across the floor. His hair was sticking up everywhere, spit was dribbling from his mouth, and his entire body hurt like he was set on fire. He trembled as he stood to his feet, lifting his weapon again. Weiss stood by his side and tapped Myrtenaser against the floor, summoning a glyph around Lisa's ankle. The news reporter scowled.

"Ugly bitch!"

Another cable wrapped around Weiss's neck, lifting her off the ground and throwing her back out the door. When Weiss hit the building across the street, the glyph shimmered and faded, leaving Lisa free to love about how she pleased. She snapped her fingers, electricity exploding around the entrance. Rubble fell, preventing any sort of escape.

Y/N felt his heart rate accelerate. Lisa wasn't trapped with him, he realized. He was trapped with her. Whatever her Semblance was, it involved electricity - something Y/N couldn't heal from. Lisa was approaching slowly, twirling her daggers like a baton. She grinned, her eyes flashing darkly.

Y/N watched as his prosthetic dropped his weapon, reaching for his throat and squeezing tightly. Lisa burst into hysterics.

"Strangled by your own hand! That's hilarious!" She laughed. "Die, puke! Die like the dog you are!"

SLAM!

One kick was enough to send Y/N hurtling through the air, slamming into the ceiling. He didn't have time to fall. Lisa leapt up to him, her heels sparking and connecting with the metal. Static electricity. She plunged her poniards into his stomach, throwing him back to the ground, slamming her full weight into his body. Her bladed heels shredded through his combat outfit like it was paper, blood pooling on the ground as she stomped on him.

Y/N realized with horror what Lisa was doing. If she wanted to kill him, she'd have done it already. She was torturing him. His face was turning blue from his prosthetic, and he quickly reached up and disconnected the device. The limb released it's grip and fell to the floor uselessly, leaving him free to grab Lisa's ankles and twist her off. When she hit the ground, he scrambled desperately for his katana, holding it out defensively.

He was fighting with his off hand. He was at a crippling disadvantage compared to Lisa, who hadn't even taken a scratch. He let out a scream and tried to swing his weapon, but Lisa blocked it with ease. She snickered, punching him square in the mouth. She hit hard, bowling him over in a heartbeat. Teeth flew across the room, leaving Y/N to spit out his own blood. Lisa was laughing again.

"Come now, hero! Is that all you've got? I'm surprised Salem killed Vao, but not you!"

Y/N coughed violently as he stood back up, brandishing his weapon again. And with a furious cry, he charged at Lisa.

...

The car screeched to a halt when Weiss came flying from the building, the entrance quickly barricaded. Junior and Winter scrambled from the van, followed quickly by Sasha, Raven, and Cardin. "Weiss!" Winter screamed. They crowded around her, shaking her awake.

"Li... Light... Ning..." Weiss panted. She pointed a shaky finger towards the building, her eyes growing wet. "Lisa... She... C-can kill Y/N..."

The Bird and the Garden 2: Restart!On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara