[01] - before the villa.

Liked by loveisland, lucabish and 18,291 othersmaxkent we are so excited to finally reveal that Max has headed off to Spain to enter the @loveisland villa! catch his entrance on @itv2 tonight! #MadMax 🤍🌴View all 482 comments

maxkent we are so excited to finally reveal that Max has headed off to Spain to enter the @loveisland villa! catch his entrance on @itv2 tonight! #MadMax 🤍🌴
View all 482 comments

- 01 -
before the villa.

I'M MAX, I'M TWENTY-FIVE YEARS OLD AND I'M A MODEL AND PERSONAL TRAINER FROM PORTSMOUTH

OLD AND I'M A MODEL AND PERSONAL TRAINER FROM PORTSMOUTH.

The words had come out of his mouth followed by his usual bright smile, the whiteness of his teeth obvious against his tan features. Max was sat along one of the walls at his holding villa, the producers behind the camera beginning to ask him questions about himself.

It had given him quite a shock when he was approached by one of the producers just over a month ago. One simple message over instagram had sent him into a whirlwind of interviews, meetings and decisions that had now landed him here, just hours away from his entrance to the Love Island villa.

"So," one of the producers began speaking again, "how long have you been single for?" Max shook his head before turning his head back to the camera, "I've been single for just over a year now. I was in a relationship with a girl for 'round six months or so but it just ended up not working out."

Another question came from behind the camera. "Why have you decided to come on Love Island?" The brunette pondered his answer for a moment, wanting to make sure he got his words right. "Honestly, it's just time for me to find someone. I've done the whole single thing for long enough now, I just really want to find that best friend that I can spend my life with."

The producers all nodded, seemingly happy with his answer. When nobody else spoke up, the man continued to speak. "When you do the type of work I do, you get lots of attention from girls on social media and that," he spoke candidly, "but at the end of the day, that's all just from my looks. I want someone who wants me for me."

He gave a sheepish sort of smile to the camera as he ran his hand through his hair, something he did when he was a bit embarrassed. One of the producers gave him a smile before they asked another question. "Are you prepared to step on people's toes?"

Max let out a soft chuckle before he eagerly answered. "I couldn't care less to be honest. It's what, a week in? In my eyes, nobody should be that attached. Besides, if I want your girl I reckon I'll graft with her anyways. Isn't that the whole point?"

The producers had scribbled a few different things onto clipboards before they turned towards him for one last question. "Who in the villa do you have your eye on?"

"Erm," the lad thought to himself before speaking. "I'll definitely be wanting to chat to Paige and Tasha once I'm in there. I'd say Gemma is more my type on-paper, but I can't really go there."

The red light that had been on the camera disappeared, and with that Max relaxed slightly. The head producer clapped her hands together before addressing him. "Great job Max, go get your things situated and then we can send you off to the villa."

With a nod of his head, the tanned man got up and walked inside to make sure his case was packed and ready to go with him to the villa. After a few minutes of rounding up all of his stuff and making sure it was packed nicely, he stopped to take a look in the mirror.

The Mallorcan sun had done wonders for him in the few short days he had been in the holding villa. His skin had a nice tan that accented his features nicely. His light green eyes and white teeth was a nice contrast on his face, and the dark tattoos that covered most of his body popped against his newly-tanned skin.

His brown curls hung just over his forehead as he turned to put on a pair of white trainers to compliment his blue trunks that he had chosen for his entrance. A knock at the door caused him to glance over in that direction. "Alright, we're ready for you." said a producer as they waited for him.

Max handed his case over to the producer and walked with them towards the sedan that was in the drive, waiting to take him to the villa. He stepped inside, sitting down as the driver pulled the car out and started their short journey. It was still a bit unbelievable to the man that he was about to enter the villa for one of the most popular shows in the country.

The lead producer spoke to him from the front seat. "So once we arrive, you're going to just head on in." she said as he nodded to her directions, "The cameras will take care of the entrance shots. You just worry about walking in there and heading out to the garden. Two of the girls will join you for dates before you meet everyone."

Max raised his eyebrows a bit at what she had said. From what he had seen of the show, usually bombshells that entered the villa would meet everyone first before heading on dates. To make matters even more interesting, it sounded like he'd have no say in which girls he'd be on a date with.

"Which two girls?" he asked hopefully, albeit knowing that he would most likely not be getting an answer. The producer laughed softly before she answered. "They recoupled last night. Two girls were left single, and that'll be who joins you this morning."

He took a moment to ponder what she had just said. The idea of the girls both being single was a bit comforting. Although he wasn't afraid to step on people's toes in the slightest, it certainly would make things a lot less awkward meeting everyone after coming from dates with the single girls.

Before he could even begin to form a guess as to which two girls he would be enjoying the morning with, the car stopped and the driver put it into park. "Showtime buddy." the producer said as she turned back to face him, a soft smile on her face.

Max nodded, a mix of determination and excitement on his face as he stepped out of the car and onto the walkway. The producer helped him put on his mic pack before she gave him a pat on the shoulder. "Have fun in there. Be true to yourself and most importantly, good luck."

With that, the man turned to face the walkway. Without another word, he took a step forward and walked under the heart arch into the villa.