Chapter 3: Protective Love

Who ready to feel some anger and depression! Ah don't worry you will get your cute moments. Anyways!

Normal POV

Amy let out all her pain to where she fell asleep in Shadows arms. He really didn't mind though, seeing her swollen eyes. They were all puffy and red as she still had some tears on her muzzle. He wiped them away as he leaned back in the tanning chair. He slowly adjust them so they were laying down. He pulled her close so she was laying perfectly on top of him as her face was nuzzled into his neck.

"So what happened?"

Rouge appeared from the doorway of the backyard as she walked over laying on the other chair rolling onto her side looking at him. Shadow didn't return to gaze but stared up at the starry sky. "Right now, Rose needs us more than ever. We will have to hold off on missions or take turns watching her" He gave a soft sigh moving his hand up to Amy's head holding her close as he held her into his chest.

"So you're saying that something isn't really feeling right sugar?" Rouge leaned her head into her hand tilting it confused a bit. "Mostly someone, I have a odd suspicion someone is making Rose faint on purpose" He looked down at the sleeping Amy in his arms before turning his head to Rouge who seemed to have an angered expression.

"What!? Someone is hurting Amy!?" Silvers panicked voice echoed behind them. Rouge jumped out her chair throwing her hands over his mouth "Announce it to the whole world, why don't you!" She angrily whispers at him. Silver looked at her before backing up a bit. "Sorry Sorry but...I feel that would be impossible since Sally has been doing daily checkups and medicine." Rouge looked at Silver before crossing her arms.

"But that wouldn't make sense since Sally practically sees Amy like a sister" Rouge gives a long sigh before looking down at the sleeping Amy in Shadow's arms. "Well for now we need to get her home" Rouge crouches on the side of the chair looking at her small sleeping figure. Looking up at Shadow they somehow had a connection knowing what they needed to do.

"Silver we are heading out early; you can tell the others I got too tipsy, and Shadow took me back to his place to try and sober up" Rouge looked at the panicked Silver who looked at them before the door. "Alright but what should I say about Amy?" Rouge was about to open her mouth, but Shadow stood up as he held Amy bride style as she curled into his chest. "Tell them that we took her with us since she wasn't doing too good."

Silver gave a long sigh "Well let's hope that passes over with them" He gave a huff before walking back into the rainbow lit room with ear drumming music. Now it was just the two of them staring at the closed door where their friends partied and played not knowing what has happened.

"We can sneak around the back gate; did you bring your car?" Shadow started making his way to the back door with Rouge next to him. "Sure, thing hon." Rouge flew up and made her way around the house as Shadow adjusged Amy, so he was holding her more comfortably. She cuddled into his chest fluff giving a big sigh. He watched her for a couple of seconds, he felt as if his whole being was telling him to protect her with his whole life. 

He knew how he truly felt about his Rose. Ever since the incident on the Space colony ARK. She helped him realize that earth is what maria loved as much as she loved him. He felt like he was talking to his Maria again when she was around. Her smile, her laugh, her gentle personality. Yes, he knows she has a temper on her, but he loves watching the fiery spark.