The Silent First Meeting

"Hey, I'm gonna grab a burger and some fries at the concession stand..."

"Go ahead... You got plenty of time before we do some warmups so go eat and then get ready..."

"Okay..."

...

Today marks the first rugby game for the 20XX Kazehaya High School rugby team as they are one of the two schools to host the opening game of the rugby season.

Thursday was the day, five in the afternoon as the scenery was turning orange. A stadium beamed dimly from the sun but the clouds were somewhat present in the sky.

During this fine afternoon slash evening, some students of Kazehaya High as well as the opposing team's and some curious inspectors were here. A hundred but there were soon going to be more as Kazehaya High School were the underdog team of the high school rugby league.

This will definitely be a packed audience for this opener.

But for now, among the early birds to take a glimpse at the teams were a trio of friends.

Each showed a different personality, two were into their conversation while the third walked with them. They stayed silent with an obvious frown on her face as she listened in on her friends' convo.

"I can't wait to see the boys play tonight!"

"I bet they have some new hot boys on the team!~ Unlike our club..."

"You think we'll have some strong freshmen unlike the last few years?

"Who knows?~"

They were here to check out the boys. Especially the frowning one who were disappointed to see that most of the boys from the last two years weren't really something to look at.

Except for one who was very quiet but for him, he had a girlfriend as it's back to square one for her.

"Are you looking forward to the game, Shikki?"

Her friends asked curiously who turned to them for a quick second and stared forward once more.

"...Yeah..."

"..."

"...What's wrong, Shikki? Aren't you looking forward to seeing the hot boys on the rugby team?" Her friends asked as she stayed quiet once more.

Then one of her friends chimed in again. "You gotta get yourself a boyfriend already, Shikki!~ We want to go on a triple date with you but it's not possible whenever you shut down every boy that comes your way!"

"..."

"...Sorry... It's just... hard, you know?"

"No, it's not..."

"It is... A lot of boys in our grade or school are like the same... They're just... creepy... perverts... I mean, there was one that was a little interesting but he has a girlfriend already... Now he's living happily with her, not being so stupid and... and lustful..."

She groans softly.

"It's so stupid! Why can't one boy just be hot and sane?"

Pat!

Suddenly, someone bumps into Shikki. They walked past them as she just turns around and stuck her arms out at them.

"Hey, watch it!"

Only the figure turns his head slightly, a side glare was all she received as the figure had h/c hair and a fit s/c body that was hiding under his c/c shirt and black sweatpants.

...Shikki only stared.

Something was happening inside her yet she wasn't sure what was going on.

With the boy, he only take a fry from his hand and eats it before walking off into the tunnel and turns the corner into a locker room.

The girl only stared, watching, the boy heads into the locker room as her friends were more furious than Shikki despite not being the victims to be shoved at.

"Jeez... What's his problem?" One grits her teeth at him.

"Ya think we can put him in his place?"

However, the second one cracked her knuckles and smirked, asking Shikki to have a little fun and beat him up for disrespecting them.

Though that was her first intentions, something about him made it feel as if he had something to do with them.

Isn't he... from our school? The one that everyone didn't like?

It could be him, but what was he doing going inside the Kazehaya High's locker rooms?

"...It's fine..." she waved it off, earning a few confused looks from her two friends.

"Eh? Why not? I could go for a can of ass whooping!"

"...Something don't feel right..."

"...As in?"

"...Just drop it... I'm too annoyed to even think right now..."

"Too annoyed at him, right?~"

"..."

"...Right?"