15. Extinguishing Red

I am ready

Jungkook texted Jimin, but then he thought to send another text.

It's Jungkook.

In a minute, he received Jimin's response.

I'll be there in two minutes, doll. I can't wait to see you.

Jungkook couldn't get himself to go for the coffee the previous day, so he promised that he would do it the next day, but right now, he had this storm rising in his stomach. He breathed and decided he would put a pin on it and just go out there to have a good time. What could possibly go wrong on one date? He thought.

Hearing the honk, fixing himself to look better, he stepped out of the house and started locking it, glancing back once to see the familiar car pulling over. When he walked towards it, Jimin suddenly stepped out to get to the door.

Jungkook had to smile at the action. He thanked the chivalrous alpha before getting inside. Jimin had worn blue jeans and black shoes. On top of it, he had a baby pink sweatshirt, not fit, and not baggy either, unlike Jungkook's sweatshirt, which was blue and too big for his lean body.

He glanced at Jimin when the man started the engine and purple and neon lights lit up the interior in a possibly most elegant and classy way. It was enough to see each other, but not enough for outsiders to see their faces. Jungkook missed this expensive show when he was in the car because yesterday of daylight, but now, he smiled tentatively in the dark. "Thank you very much for doing this with me, Jungkook." He heard the alpha.

"Of course," he chuckled out air. "I wanted to."

Jimin took a moment to marvel at the younger, blinking slowly, smiling softly with his sparkling eyes. "By the way, I am sorry about the mess at your house that day." Jungkook finally spoke of that night.

"Can I ask you to do one thing for me, love?" Jimin asked instead, completely disregarding the apology.

Jungkook mutely nodded, brows curving innocently, and eyes curiously turning rounder.

"Give me a kiss on the cheek."

The omega then blushed madly. Jimin was older than him, but seeing him asking such a small thing with such seriousness made him feel all kinds of ways. He leaned closer and Jimin simultaneously extended his cheek closer to his lips. A little smack sound and he was already turning his head around with dark crimson flooding on his cheeks.

"Thank you, Jungkook. Now I know that you like me too."

Jungkook giggled now, craning his neck around to see Jimin making fun of him and simultaneously pressing on the accelerator. The car instantly picked up speed. "You look beautiful tonight... You look beautiful every night."

"You are very pretty too, Jimin."

"But I am turning thirty in a few days. Do you know that?"

"Mhm," Jungkook hummed, biting the lips between his teeth and nodding. "I looked you up on google."

"You did?" Jimin grinned between looking straight ahead and stealing a glance in the rearview mirror. 

"I needed to know more about you."

"Found anything you liked?" Jimin asked cheekily. Jungkook was too gob-smacked to speak, so the alpha continued. "I have a father and a mother at home. My younger brother is your age. His name is Jihyun. I am sure you must have read this. I spoil him a lot," he began to slowly tell Jungkook about himself. "I am not good with speaking about myself on dates. I should know more about you though. Why don't you tell me how did you become friends with Taehyung?"