26. Luisa's eye is twitching?!?

Start from the beginning

You roll your eyes, but get interrupted in the middle of your oh-so-rebellious act by Mirabel, once again.

"Hmmmm, I will help Luisa-"

"Me too!" You exclaim energetically, earning a questionning look from your grandmother.

"Stop." She says as Mirabel goes to stand up. You lean forwards to try and meet your sister's gaze over the three people that separated you. She looks right back at you, and you remember you still didn't have the time to talk to her after yesterday's event. Hence the slight confusion in her eyes.

You give her a wink to let her know you're on her side, only aggravating her confusion.

"First, an announcement." Abuela continues, unaware, just like the rest of your family, of that odd exchange. "I've spoken to the Guzmans about Mariano's proposal. Dolores, do we have a date?"

You snap your head towards your oldest sister, containing a wince at the horrific cracking sound it made. She was already looking at you, as if to warn you not to do anything. But you could see the sadness hiding in the corner of her eyes, the sadness that was a silent cry for help. The taste that that orange juice you had managed to drink between trying to figure out what Mirabel was planning to do and worrying for Isabela left on your tongue suddenly turned incredibly bitter. You couldn't help her, not when she refused it.

It was her choice to tell the family. To find the courage of doing that. And now you understood how frustrated she must have felt all those years, during which you never told her anything. Isabela was right, you had been a coward. But so was she.

"Tonight." Dolores answers. You feel overwhelmed, even though you weren't directly concerned. Tonight? That was way too soon. You weren't ready, Isabela couldn't be ready- "He wants five babies."

"Brooooo..." You breathe out, making Carlos, next to you, snort in his half-awake state.

Flowers sprout in Isabela's hair, meaning she was nervous. Understandably so.

"Wonderful, such a fine young man with our perfect Isabela-" Abuela plucks out a white flower from her granddaughter's hair so that all those left would be pink. You clench your teeth. You were starting to get really frustrated. "-will bring a new generation of magical blessings and make both our families stronger."

You open your mouth, then close it. You could feel Isabela's glare pierce your soul -if you had one to begin with- and decided to live another day. You shake your head, looking at her pleadingly, but her expression doesn't change. Until-

"Mmmwa!" Mariano suddenly appears next to her making kissing sounds, and it takes you a few milliseconds to realize it was actually Camilo. You almost had a heart attack, but, oh well. This breakfast really was a rollercoaster of emotions. "Ay!"

Isabela swats your cousin with flowers, making him turn back into himself and spit some of the blossoms out. You tsked, disgusted, then flinched when you felt Abuela's hand on your shoulder. When did she get around the table?

"(Y/n), since you seemed so eager to help Luisa out this morning, I'll allow it. It is best we try to fix your reputation."

You give Mirabel a side-eye from your seat, and she excitedly nods her head, sending you a thumbs up.

"Yes, Abuela."

"Show them your good side. Don't forget to smile."

You smile exaggeratedly, which was rather obviously not pretty, even making Camilo choke on his food and Isabela and Dolores have the shadow of a smile teasing their lips. Fortunately, Abuela doesn't see you, and keeps going.