That's so unfair. This girl is so damn irresponsible.

I'm gonna let u rest for a day before I strike. I would've come, but I got some work I need to finish. Take care ok? Love u too.
Send.

As I look up to see what's going on with everyone else, I find out that everyone is staring at the girl in front of me. What the hell did she even do? The substitute gets up from her seat, and starts walking towards the girl's seat. She stalks towards our seats, passes hers, and stands in front of me. WHAT THE FUCK? Everyone was staring at ME? like a hawk?

Looking into her eyes, I ask
"Yes ma'am?"

"You're?"

"Natasha, ma'am", I whisper quietly, as I slowly stand up from my seat. Atleast my manners stayed intact, unlike my mind which is mangled with confusion, and my heart that's beating way too fast for my comfort.

"Natasha what?"

"Natasha Anne Jones, Ma'am."

"Why were you using your cellphone in the class?"

I look around in confusion. Didn't she say to do whatever we wanted to do? Wasn't everyone using their's too?

"I see that you're confused. Let me elaborate. Why was your cellphone constantly ringing, while everyone else kept their's on silent!", she practically yells at me.

What? I look down at the phone in my hand to see the earphones' cord pulled out. Shit. How did I not notice this? Does this mean everyone could hear my music too? Oh God! Oh God!

"Since you can't seem to follow instructions and answer my questions, let's take to you the Principal's office, shall we?"

Before I even have time to react, or respond, she takes hold of my forearm, and drags me out of the class, towards the Principal's office on the opposite side of this floor. Baffled, I look around to find everyone staring at me. Just when I thought this day couldn't get any worse. FUN.

•••

4th period

How, just how, am I supposed to understand why I get days like this when I beg for serenity for once. WHY? I hope I don't ever have to meet with Mrs. Smith ever again.

I walk back to the physics classroom, which is empty, pick up my bag and quickly head to my biology class across the hall, that already started 10 minutes ago. I enter the class, show Ms. Patil the slip that our Principal gave, in case I was late, and took my seat at the very last bench towards the window.

The class goes on, but for me, it's like time stopped. I can't even go on without any problems for one day in Cassie's absence. How pathetic.

I'm brought out of my train of thoughts when I hear the obnoxious sound of the bell. Who knew that a 40-minute period passed by in seconds when you zone-out. I should zone out more often in physics. Definitely. I pick my books from the table, stuff them into my backpack, and sling it over my shoulder. I'm about to get up when I hear someone talking.

"- you definitely caused a show back there, Bonnie."

Oh God, not him too. I look up to see James towering over me.
What else? There's literally nothing, nothing at all, that could make this day any worse than it already is.