Chapter 6: Monster-y Adventure

——————————🦇——————————

A plane landed on the runway of an airport in California. Maven, (Y/n), and Johnny had finally arrived at their hometown.

The three got a rental car and we're driving down the sunset lit road and Maven was staring out the window at everything in sight.

"Wow!" He breathed. "This is gonna be so amazing."

(Y/n), who was driving, couldn't help but laugh at her husband's excitement. 

"Oh yeah. You guys are gonna be so happy, but not too happy." Johnny said from the backseat.

"Huh?" The two asked.

"What?" Johnny replied.

"I wanna see everything you two did growing up." Maven demanded.

"As long as you guys are distracted, capisce?" Johnny stated.

Maven and (Y/n) shared a confused glance at Johnny's weird behavior.

"We can see a few spots on the way to my parents." (Y/n) told Maven.

Maven pulled out his phone. "Lemme just quickly call home."

"Ah! Don't do that. It's only 1:00 am. there. Dennis isn't even up yet." Johnny pointed out.

"Right. I guess we're just not used to being away from him, right honey?" Maven turned to (Y/n).

"Yeah, but I'm sure everything's going to be fine. Your Dad sounded like he could totally handle it." (Y/n) reassured him.

Maven sighed. "I know. He's the best."

...

Speaking of Dracula, he and the gang were driving down a bumpy road in the middle of a spooky forest, while Dennis was sleeping in his car seat.

"Right turn, here." Dracula commanded before turning to Dennis. "Denisovich, rise and shine." He whispered softly.

"Boys, this bringing back any memories? We used to prowl around here when we were in our 100s. The Dark Forest of Slobozia." Dracula exclaimed dramatically.

Dracula looked out at the forest only to see that it wasn't a forest anymore. It was a municipal park and there were dozens of humans walking along the paths with their dogs.

"Nice how they built it up." Frank commented.

"Okay, out of the car." Dracula deadpanned.

...

Dracula placed a black suit and cape on Dennis and slicked back his hair.

"Denisovich, you're going to see every monster do his speciality. First, Frank's gonna show us how he scares people."

"Yay! He's gonna say 'Boo' " Dennis cheered.

"Yeah, I don't think 'Boo' ever works. But that's why we're here. To learn from the master." Dracula patted Frank's shoulder.

"Okay, I'll give it a shot."