(D&N) Chapter 15: The Final Round

Start from the beginning

Blake: Thanks.

Athena walks inside and smiles.

Athena: We got him off for a while. Everyone okay?

Blake nods as scene time skips to Blake seated with Weiss by her side and Athena in front.

Athena: I don't understand. Why are we running? Isn't our plan get him and defeat him?

Blake: With the amount of White Fang in the area, we won't win. Probably not even fighting him 3v1.

Weiss: Then how do we get the Grimm off if we can't fight him face to face?

Blake doesn't answer as she looks down thoughtful.

Blake: I... I don't know. If we fight him face to face, he will beat us, The White Fang is already waiting at probably any of the places he thinks off. When we see one of them, we jump and continue on foot. We should fight somewhere else without the White Fang.

Athena nods as Weiss gets comfortable, as Blake walks away.

Blake: I'n gonna snatch something to eat.

She walks as Athena and Weiss are left alone both looking out of the window, Weiss looked seeing the grass which were green slowly turning black, like if they were running out of time.

Athena: Weiss... I wanna apologize.

Weiss looks at Athena who started to tap her feet.

Athena: I wanna apologize for my actions in the last few hours-

Weiss: I... should also apologize, calling your friend a rapscallion and a criminal. Although he did break the law, I didn't mean to offend you.

Athena leans back with hands intertwined.

Athena: I did hurt me a little calling my friend a criminal... maybe hurt me more you calling me it.

Weiss: Huh?

Athena shows her right arm, which left Weiss confused.

Athena: Y/N doesn't know it, which is why I lack tattoos in this arm. My entire arm is covered in tattoos, I was part of a... gang in a way, back in Vacuo. My parents were part of it and so... I was raised to steal, break the law and sometimes kill. Being a criminal might have scarred me, physically and mentally. Being called a criminal just... makes me remember my times in Vacuo. Sun took me out but probably by the time he did... it was too late. Being called a criminal... just brings bad memories.

Weiss: I can... relate to that. I get called the girl who has everything... and I did have it... all but a childhood. Father married my mother only for the name, he never went to my birthday, mom became alcoholic, my brother was a smaller version of father and my sister left to the military. Technically... I had a lonely childhood but Klein. Maybe I was raised to have anything but... did I really deserve it? Maybe I'm not used to being a... second fiddler.

Athena: Well I can understand that. I mean... in my team, I'm the weakest, every attribute I have, my team already is better at that: Cari is quick and agile, Y/N is strong and brutal and Erwin is just so smart... I'm technically the weakest of my team. But I accept that... you should accept that there some things that you don't deserve... but there's better things you can win... far more better things.

Weiss leans back and smiles down.

Weiss: A family.

Athena nods as Blake returns with a bowl of fish and another had fruits.

Athena: You're not gonna eat all that fish, are you?

Blake: Mhm.

Weiss grabbed the fruit bowl and ate an apple as Athena ate an orange slice. Erwin got up from the bed and walked slowly to the remaining girls as he saw the screen.