Chapter Twenty Five : Awakening

~Chapter Twenty Five : Awakening~
~Start~

**********

It was 8:30 in the evening, you, Killua, and Gon were inside of Wing's residence once again as he promised the three of you that he will explain the truth about Nen. Zushi was also inside Wing's house, watching.

You were all standing in front of a flower vase, however, there are a few flowers sticking out of the vase as if someone just included the flower while making the vase and there is a puddle of water beneath it.

"To simply put, this is Nen." Wing said as the three of you are stared at the unusual vase. "Nen refers to the ability to manipulate your own aura, also known as life energy."

"Every person possess a small amount of life energy within them, but in most cases, it's simply discharged." He said as he walked over to the white board and began writing something. "The ability to build up a shroud of life energy is called Ten."

"It makes your body harder and considerably slow the effects of aging." Wing explained. "Then comes Zetsu, as you may all know, this nullifies the aura. This is most effective for concealing your aura and recover from extreme fatigue."

"Which brings us to Ren, a technique to create a specially strong aura." He said and looked at the three of you.

You all widen your eyes as you felt a small amount of aura coming from Wing. However it's not as dangerous as the aura he released on the other day.

"Can you feel that?" Wing asked.

"Yeah, I feel the pressure." Killua said.

"Me too, but it doesn't feel that powerful." You said.

"Yeah, it doesn't feel dangerous either." Gon added.

"That because I have no hostile intent." Wing explained. "Aura is an energy that comes from within humans, which means it's effective against other humans."

"For better or worst, if you attack a helpless person with ill intent, you can use aura to kill." He said, emphatizing on the word "Kill".

"There only one thing that can protect from other people's Nen..." Wing said as he walked to a nearby wall. "You must also learn how to use Nen yourselves. You must use Ten for defense. Block the other person's aura with your own. Or else..."

Then, he put his hand gently on the wall and before you all know it, a large crack appeared on the wall. You, Gon, and Killua widen your eyes and opened your mouths in agape.

Wing looked back at the three of you. "...Your body will be crushed..."

"Nen is power that dwells within every person. However, at present, only few are capable of using that power, thus, they are treated as genuises, leaders, psychics, mytics, or superhumans." Wing explained. "And their are two means by which awaken this power, the deliberate way and the aggresive way."

Wing pointed to Zushi beside him, who smiled. "Zushi underwent the deliberate method. He's a fast learner and trains hard. He was able to master Ten in such a short time...About six months."

You all widen your eyes. "No! That's too long! We need to learn it before midnight!" Killua protested.

"Then, you'll have to go through the aggresive method." Wing said.

"Will it be fast enough?" Killua asked.

"That depends on you. Can you learn to hold your aura within your body before your time rans out? That is the key." Wing said and raised his hand. "I will direct my towards the three of you. This is Hatsu, which I demonstrated earlier."