«26» THE NEW INOMI!

©Masashi Kishimoto

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Your arms are fine now." Sakura informed the girl, sitting casually on her hospital bed. Her arms were raised near to her chest area just as the Doctor examined her.

"Thank you, Sakura-San. Sorry I couldn't help out in the Hospital for a month— things got complicated these days." She apologized to her, twiddling her fingers with a frown on her face.

The Uchiha-Haruno chuckled and grinned. "Neh neh, it's fine! Sasuke mentioned you were helping him and Naruto so well, I should be the one apologizing on his behalf." She said, patting her hair.

She then noticed a small but big detail from Inomi's appearance. "Oh dear your hair!" Sakura gasped, caressing the unevenly chopped hair.

Inomi lightly laughed while staring at Sakura's face. "Long story short.. but hey I'll get this fix later!" She exclaimed, trying to calm the Doctor down.

"Good thing I have scissors with me here." Sakura grinned, taking out scissors from the tray she brought. "Turn around!"

Inomi followed what she said. She could her snips coming from her back— but she didn't mind what the Haruno was doing.

Afterall, she was a doctor.

"And done!" The Pink-haired girl exclaimed, handing the Yamanaka a mirror— coming out of nowhere.

She stared at herself for a few seconds. Mesmerized by her new look.

"We look like twins now." Sakura added. Both of them started to laugh.

"Thank you Sakura-San!"

"No problem~ you'll be good to go after 9 o'clock got it?" She reminded the girl. "Keep the bandages in your torso also— your bones need to be structured and healed for a few weeks, though you can move independently."

"Yes Sakura!"

The door was closed shut once again. Inomi sighed in relief.

She stared at her wrapped palms, reflexing her hands slowly. Although it was painful, she could endure the pain as much as she could handle a war.

"Long week huh.." She muttered, laying down on her bed and covered herself with a blanket. "Never have I felt so tired.. ever since I discovered the Akuma Clan."

She closed her eyes with a small smile painted on her face. "That's 15 hours sleep for me."

~

"INOMI! ME AND YOUR DAD ARE GOING OUT!" Ino announced while she was quickly placing things inside her bag. Sai on the other hand, was watching her with a small smile on his face.

"Inojin, make sure Inomi doesn't go out unless the Hokage would contact her okay? I'm trusting you on the hands of your own sister!"

"Yes Mother!" Inojin responded, playing on his gaming device. Inomi stared at him with a bored look on her face.

Inojin grinned as he won in victory, then stared at Inomi. "What?" His grin soon turn into a frown.

"You heard Mom, you can't let me go out without the Hokage's orders." She scoffed, crossing her arms.

Her Twin brother deflated when he heard her words. "I mean, you wouldn't go out right?"

And then he saw the smirk on her face. He gasped. "You wouldn't."

"Try me." She chuckled, walking towards the door outside of their room. "Catch me though."

"Bring it on."