12 • lips

"so basically, you're totally crushing on muichiro, but you haven't told him because you made a bet with your best friend who you have never won a bet against before so your pride has stopped you from saying anything?" ms. kanroji, one of the chaperones asked to confirm everything that you had just explained to her.

she had heard you and the other girls talking on the way back to the campsite and had unconsciously joined the conversation, so you had explained the whole story to her. she grinned, looking somewhat entertained by how flustered you seemed when telling her the story.

"not to worry! you know, some people call me the 'love breather' since i'm actually quite good at giving love advice!" you and the other girls looked at her with confused expressions before she continued her explanation, "i say abandon your pride. it's not everyday that you come across someone who surely likes you back, and from what i've observed, muichiro looks all lovestruck when he's in front of you."

you stared at her for a while before sighing, "i'll... think about it." the group stopped walking, indicating that you guys had made it back to the main camp. mr. uzui announced that you all would be taking a bathroom break before gathering for one last team activity. you went to the bathroom in the girls room in the cabin, washing your face to cool down your skin. after a while of contemplating what you just talked about with the girls, you heard a knock on the bathroom door.

"hey, we're starting the last activity now," aoi's voice was heard from the other side of the door. you dried off your face, opening the door and following aoi out to the field.

on the way out, you passed muichiro. you didn't say anything to him, still lost in thought. he walked next to you silently, examining your expression. "is something wrong?" you jumped slightly upon hearing his voice, heat rushing to your face. you turned away, still thinking about what ms. kanroji said. 'muichiro looks all lovestruck when he's in front of you'...

he moved to follow your gaze that was still avoiding looking him in the eyes. feeling impatient, he grabbed your hand to get your attention. "are you upset at m-"

"for our last activity you will be challenging each other in a laser tag match!" one of the chaperones exclaimed, grabbing the attention of all the students. "you will be competing against each group, and the first three groups to get out will have to stay longer at camp to clean up the cabins."

you heard sighs and cheers all around before being dragged by aoi and the rest of your group to gear up.

♡♡♡

sounds of laser beams being fired from the laser shooters could be heard all around the field. the chaperones had set up the field to be 'battle' appropriate, with large objects around to use as hiding spots and shields. you were behind an object when you heard a familiar voice, "why hello y/n, good to see you."

you looked behind you to see yuichiro. immediately, you jumped out of your hiding place, circling around so that yuichiro couldn't shoot your vest. you shot at him as well. after a while of running after each other, you were both starting to feel exhausted. you and yuichiro always were competitive with each other, and your pride to beat him kept growing even more when you couldn't seem to beat him at anything.

"wait! stop!" you put your hands up in defense, turning around to face yuichiro. you slowly walked backwards as you talked to him. "how about we call a truce? you can't go after me and i can't go after you, okay? do we have a deal-"

suddenly, your back collided with someone else's. assuming it was an enemy, you quickly turned around to face the person you bumped into. you both turned around quickly at the same time, causing you guys to bump heads with each other.

"ow-" with your back turned towards him, yuichiro figured it was the perfect time to get you out. he aimed at you, but before he could shoot, the figure you bumped into pulled you to the ground behind something before pulling you along with them, swiftly running to a more secluded area away from yuichiro.

you were still a bit dizzy from the head bump, your vision a bit blurry as you ran with the person who pulled you along before coming to a stop. you stood still for a moment, letting your vision clear. in front of you was an all too familiar face, muichiro. he was looking behind you, making sure that the coast was clear.

"muichiro? is yuichiro still near-"

seeing someone from another team running behind you, he pulled you down to the ground under a hiding spot so that you two couldn't be seen. you landed slightly on top of him, your face inches away from his with your foot on its tippy toe, struggling to hold your body up. "ah, sorry-"

before muichiro could finish, your foot slipped. your body fell onto his, face landing on his chest, your lips brushing against his cheek in the process. you immediately felt embarrassed, struggling to get up in the position you were in. muichiro sat up, causing you to now be sitting beside him on the ground.

he made eye contact with you and you could see a light blush on his cheeks. he raised his pointer finger in the air before silently bringing it to his face. he pointed at his lips before tapping it two times. "i was told that such contact should be on the lips."

your eyes widened, figuring that it was probably yuichiro who has been teaching him all that kind of stuff. "i-"

"groups 1, 3, and 9 have no more surviving team mates, so they will be the ones to clean up the cabins." you heard a chaperone's voice call out after hearing a whistle blow, signaling everyone that the activity was over. you got up immediately, muichiro following after. "we should uh... get back with the others.."

a/n
i'm sorry everyone i had a fever last week so this update is a little late </3. i'm feeling better though!