1 • bet

important notes:
*book does not contain manga spoilers, i am only mentioning spoilers in this notes section for those who read the manga and notice the difference in character personality in this story.
- in this AU, yuichiro isn't as cold hearted as originally implied, as the twins haven't been through that major...*trauma* development

"alrighty then children i will be announcing the groups for this weekend's camping trip

"alrighty then children i will be announcing the groups for this weekend's camping trip. remember, we're combined with ms. kocho's class so please, act as flamboyant as possible." mr. uzui announced. you were currently sitting in your homeroom class, discussing the groups for the camping trip that would happen in two days over the weekend, friday to sunday.

your best friend and seat mate, yuichiro, sighed. "my brother's in ms. kocho's class. this means he'll probably come running to me to cook for him or whatever over the trip."

you stifled a laugh, "i didn't know you had a brother. is he really that dependent on you?" you asked. yuichiro gave you a questioning look, "you say that as if you don't rely on me for homework answers? you know i think you two oughta get along splendidly."

"...group 7: yuichiro, nezuko, zenitsu, kanao, genya. group 8: y/n, muichiro, tanjiro, aoi, inosuke." you and yuichiro stopped talking when you heard your names called.

"dang we're not in the same grou-"

"AIN'T KNOW WAY YOU'RE IN THE SAME GROUP AS MY BROTHER PFFT-" yuichiro interrupted your comment trying to hold in his laughter. he put his hand on your shoulder before continuing, "y/n, it's a sign. this trip is a perfect time for me to play matchmaker and find someone else for my brother to rely on."

you rolled your eyes, peeling his hand off your shoulder. "how do you know if we'd even get along? we haven't even met yet," you replied. "well...care to bet?" he asked. you gave the offer some thought before urging yuichiro to continue. "i bet you two will be inseparable by the end of the weekend."

you raised a brow at his proposal. "then i'll bet that your brother and i will become mortal enemies. loser treats the other lunch for a month," you countered his prediction. your friend laughed at your response. "may the best bet win."

the school bell rung, signaling the end of class. you bid farewell to yuichiro before heading out the classroom.

~♡~

yuichiro stared at the ceiling of his bedroom, thinking intently on how to make you and muichiro get along with each other. 'this way i won't be muichiro's only friend. heheh' he thought.

yuichiro will do his best to make sure that the two of you are happy with each other. after all, he does also care about the two people he's closest with being comfortable with each other. though, he would tell everyone that he's only doing this for his own amusement.

yuichiro's thoughts were interrupted by the sound of his bedroom door opening. his brother, muichiro, peaked his head through the door, "uh...how long are we gonna be camping for again? i forgot..."

yuichiro sighed at his brother's tendency to forget important information. though, he knew that muichiro's personality would make this camping trip a lot more interesting for you, which would mean making the trip all the more enjoyable for himself.

~♡~

"hello mr. uzui's class, i'm ms. kocho, the other chaperone for this weekend's camping trip. as you can see, each table has a group number on it. please sit at the table of which is the group number that you have been assigned," ms. kanae kocho, the main biology teacher for the academy, explained.

as of right now, ms. kocho and mr. uzui's classes were all gathered in ms. kocho's classroom, which was a decent size to fit the large amount of students that was made up of the two homeroom teachers. you and yuichiro parted ways, yuichiro going towards table #7 while you head towards table #8. you could see yuichiro's smirk as he sat at the table near yours.

you were snapped out of your glaring contest with yuichiro when you heard a chair being pulled out from beside you. yuichiro? you thought, before examining the boy's features more clearly. you could sense a subtle difference between the two, though you believed that it was just because you've known yuichiro for a while.

you heard yuichiro's mischievous chuckle from the distance before you sighed and shook your head slightly.

"hi, i'm y/n. you're yuichiro's brother, right?" you asked the boy, trying to make small talk.

his eyes trailed to you slightly before he replied, "mm."

your eyebrows slightly furrowed at the response. 'mm'? that's it? you heard other chairs slip out from around the circle table. one was a kind looking girl while the other two were boys. you recognized one of the boys; tanjiro, who was your friend nezuko's brother.

tanjiro sat next to muichiro, "hi muichiro! it's good to see that we're in the same group! i haven't seen you since last year!" he exclaimed.

muichiro's expression softened, "yes, it's good to see you, tanjiro." you slightly gasped at his response, turning to look at yuichiro in the distance who was holding in his laughter.

"i guess he's awkward with girls?" yuichiro mouthed to you. you rolled your eyes, turning your attention back to your group members. this weekend would surely be interesting.

a/n:
hey i'm back! well, kind of. i'll try to update more often, though updates may be a little slow. i'm pre-writing most of the chapters before i publish this, though, so i'll make an announcement if i end up having a set schedule for updates. thank you for reading! & also thank you for the love and support on my other two books :)