Chimera ants: Second Meeting!

Start from the beginning

Soon you managed to find the section you needed to be in to get the book, and then you started looking around for the book you needed

When you looked on each shelf, you manged to find some extra books you might've needed, but still couldn't find the one you came there for.

You saw it last time you went there, and since the books were usually replaced if they were bought then a new one should be there now.

'Where is it?'

You thought to yourself as you checked again on the shelves you could reach for the book since that's where you saw it last.

Unfortunately, when you checked to the second shelf you realized that the book was a little too high up for you.

Luckily, there was someone at the top of the book shelf, hanging onto it and reading through them as if they were looking for something as well.

They had the appearance of a humanoid cat with wavy white hair. It was pulled back into a ponytail.

Taking a few steps towards them, you saw the book was right beside them and decided to ask for a bit of help.

"Uhm- excuse me? Could you help me out?"

Their cat-like ears and tail were covered with yellow and white fur, evenly and twitched slightly after you spoke.

They must've heard you because they turned to face you, and the light from the ceiling casted a shadow over their face.

"Oh? Do you need a book?"

"Yes, could you please hand me the anatomy book beside your left ankle?"

Looking down and over to their ankle and reaching down, they jumped from where they were sat.

They landed right infront of you, and reached their hand to you so you could grab the book.

You noticed when your hand brushed against theirs that it felt a lot larger than an average human hand.

When you looked back up at them you noticed their ruby-red eyes.

Looking down you saw their knees had demarcated joints like insect legs. They were like a Chimera ant from the news a few weeks ago.

A recent story that just seemed to disappear after the situation was handled, but you had heard they were all dead?

If they were alive again they couldn't be causing any trouble if it didn't make the news.

"Here you go."

"Thank you!"

When you turned around, you noticed that they grabbed a book and went to follow you to check out.

It seemed like they only knew where the anatomy books were and nothing else since they looked around as they followed close behind you.

"I like your ears, they're cute."

You complimented and when you looked over your shoulder at them you saw that their eats twitched and they gripped their tail.