From the corner of my eye I could see Bellatrix looking at me uncertainly. As if she couldn't figure out what move to make next, I could see in her eyes the concentration. She could tell I wouldn't speak. She let out a sigh and crouched down again. She paused for a Lon minute before she spoke.

"Don't you want to know if he begged?" she asked me quietly. 

My eyed darted back to her immediately. 

"Excuse me." I barely managed to covey the rudeness I hoped to show with my lip trembling.

"Your little old dad," she cooed, head tilting and lip pouting. 

My heart began to pound again and all my thoughts went into disarray.  I couldn't answer, nor did I know what to say. 

She'd clearly given up on the interrogation and resolved to amuse herself instead, to torture me with this topic all over again. 

"Small house you have," she started listing, "Quiet street." 

The blood was in my ears, I could feel myself panicking. I didn't want to hear any of it. 

"Stop," I said quietly. 

"You see, unlike you, I happen to have a good memory," she began snappishly. 

"Stop."

"Let's see what sorts of things I can draw to mind, hm?" Well, I seem to remember a certain excitement when the door opened. I suppose he thought it was you walking through that door." 

"Stop it."

"I even remember the details, would you believe that? The hopeful tone, the relief in the quiver of his voice, the running footsteps to greet his one and only daughter," she pronounced the last few words clearly.

"Please," I begged, no louder than a whisper, a silent tear sliding down my cheek 

"Of course, his expression changed when he released it wasn't you at all. I had a nice little chat with him about your future before we got to the good stuff."

And something overtook me. I lunger for her. She pushed me back against the wall with another careless, infuriating, wave of her wand, just as she'd done with Olivander. 

She cackled loudly at the reaction she'd produced fro me, but I didn't care that I was showing my anger and revealing my emotions so plainly. I wanted her to suffer, I wanted her to feel the pain that I did. 

Through blurry eyes I made for her again at a quick speed and managed to dig my nails into her cheek, swiping down. I scratched her somewhat deeply and I could see her skin tear. She screeched and knocked me back against the wall. Even over the noise, I could hear the footsteps that had been pacing just a floor above us coming down the stairs. 

"Enough," the voice said, female and decisive, stopping at the entrance. 

"Cissy, I love you, but don't get in the way," she said, not taking the energy to look at her sister who was standing right behind her now. She wiped her cheek on the back of her hand and smiled at the colour that came away. Her blood fascinated her.

"What are you gaining from this?" the blonde asked, clearly frustrated, teeth grit. I could tell they'd had an argument before Bellatrix even came down here. They were the ones talking just upstairs. Over what, I'm not sure, but the tension was clear.

Bellatrix said nothing in reply, but just continued smiling. But the pressure on her wand relaxed and I no loner felt the force that held me to the wall. As much as I'd liked to retaliate again, my limbs were shaking too bad to move, and instead my eyes just darted between the two women. 

Bellatrix stepped back, took long look at me before slowly turning on her heel towards the exit. "One of these days, your memory will improve."

Narcissa stayed standing in her spot while her sister past her on her way out. She looked down at the ground. 

"Come, Cissy," she mused. Leave the Mudblood now."

But she stayed standing still, wanting to leave at her own pace. I heard Bellatrix's heels begin the walk upstairs and I wiped my hand on my shirt, watching the silent woman in front of me. 

Draco's mother didn't meet my eyes, but she eventually turned to follow her sister out. Her thin and pale hand reached out to grab the bars behind her, and she shut the door gracefully as she left. I heard the lock click loudly into place, and heard her begin her ascent.   

I slumped back against the wall, sliding down to the bottom and burring my shaking head in my crossed arms as drew my knees towards my chest. Olivander barely moved but it was enough for me to know that he was all right. I hadn't the energy to move and check on him any further. 

Tears remained flowing down my cheek until long after I fell asleep. Bellatrix's words rang in my ears the whole time, and the image she described was burned to the back of my eyes as if I was there to see his expression change when he thought he was running to me; as if I was there to see him the moment that he died.