They Know

I fell hard on my hands and knees, landing back in the cold room from which we had left.

Draco grabbed my elbow to lift me up but I shouted, pushing him back. I was still crying and shaking.

"Arabella, please, you need to be quie-"

"No, you need to be quiet!" I hissed back, furious with him for trying to tell me what to do. I pushed away his arm which was reaching for me again.

He looked sorry but I scowled at him as I took a few steps back, turning around so I wouldn't have to face him. I tried wiping my tears but it was useless because they hadn't stopped pouring out.

He reached for me again, this time with more determination. "We need to move," he started to say. He grabbed my wrist and I tried to shake it loose but his grip was tight. His nails dug into my skin and it hurt, but I couldn't care less about physical pain.

"Let go!" I yelled, yanking my arm back but it only moved his tight grip along with it. "LET GO!" I screamed.

His other hand slapped against my mouth, muffling my yell. He twisted my arm and moved to stand behind me. With one arm wrapped around me to clasp my mouth, and his other arm pinning mine behind my back, I couldn't push him off.

I screamed through the gap in his fingers and the muffled noise bounced off the walls, making the clear crystals on the chandelier shake. He pushed me forward from behind, forcing me to walk but I dug my heels into the floor as best I could and leaned backwards into him, trying to stay still.

"Arabella, I'm sorry," he whispered. "I'm sorry but we just need to move to a different room. This is too public, please-"

He stopped talking as soon as I had bitten his fingers, withdrawing his hand instantly. In that moment, I tried to break free, still shaking and crying, but his hand just wrapped around my waist, slamming me back into his chest from behind.

I was infuriated, writhing in his grasp, seeing only red. I just wanted to be left alone. I pushed my weight down and folded myself forward, trying to break free. I pushed my elbows into his abs and kicked backwards, hoping to connect with his knee or shin.

In a lucky second, his one arm relaxed and I quickly moved off of him. But his other hand still had my wrist and he pulled me back for an infuriating second time.

"Arballea, stop," he moaned, frustrated. I pushed his chest backwards with my free hand in a telling response. "BELLA, PLEASE!" he shouted into my face now.

And that's when my hand reached behind me before crashing across his face with a force not even I fully expected.

His face whipped to the side and he grunted, a large red mark imprinted on his pale skin.

He looked back at me slowly, lips pressed together. "Bella-," he started.

"Screw you, Draco!" I spat, contempt all over my face.

He looked hurt and I didn't care. He collected himself enough to grab me by both arms and start to push me out of the room with more aggression than before. I could faintly hear him muttering that he was sorry over my yells and protests. We were heading into a nearby hall when a woman's shriek from behind us made us both stop in our tracks.

He still held me tightly, but I could feel him turn his head to look towards the sound of the voice.

"What do we have here?" the woman cooed in amusement.

I grit my teeth. I was panting from our struggle and tears still ran down my face.

"Turn her around, Draco," Bellatrix ordered.