It took him a moment to speak. Thinking of all the possible outcomes of what he could he say and her reaction towards it. More importantly, what exactly to say.

"What more would you like to know?" She spoke when she knew he wouldn't.

"Why?" He says, which confuses her.

"What?" She questions with visible confusion.

Taking a risky chance, he took a step forward. What he feared that if he did, she would too. But she didn't, so he took another.

And another.

And another.

And a few more. Until he was close enough to feel the warmth radiating off her body despite the freezing air.

"Why didn't you talk to me?"

At his question, Y/n chuckles dryly. "What was I supposed to say? That I have depression, anxiety, and i'm suicidal? That the only time I felt normal and remotely happy was when I was with you but then I got jealous and felt replaced? Is that what you wanted me to-"

She turned around mid sentence and cuts herself off when she realized how close he was to her. The first thing her eyes are met with is the pink of his lips before she slowly raised them to meet his eyes. The eyes that painfully pierced hers yet she couldn't find it in her to look away.

"-say. . ." She whispered the last part quietly as she stared into his eyes. She clears her throat as she glances back down at his lips before meeting his gaze once more.

He could see the the effect he had on her just as she unknowingly (for now) has one on him. An effect that draws the two towards each other despite her refusal to give in.

But all he wants is for her to cave the craving. Like he did.

Unfortunately, she wouldn't allow herself to. Finally looking away from him, much to his dismay.

She clears her throat again to pull herself back to reality before speaking honestly. "I'm sorry. I don't like opening up about my... personal life. I was afraid of what you'd think. I didn't want you to see me differently. Especially since Miko triggered some... unpleasant parts of me."

He could see her continuously avoiding his gaze. But not because of her romantic feeling towards him, but because of shame. She feels ashamed of herself.

Instinctively, Saiki's hand raised to touch her cheek. Gently turning her head to face him so he could look her in the eyes.

At this action, he could feel her body stiffen under his touch. She tried to look away but her eyes would continuously find their way back to his. Until she finally gave up and stared into his alluring eyes.

"I would never look at you any differently than I always have." He stated firmly but his voice was quiet.

She stares for a moment before muttering a question. "And how have you looked at me?"

Before he could answer, she shakes her head. Again, looking away and shaking her head to force herself into a reality she created in her mind. One where she doesn't surrender to her feelings because she feels it's futile.

"No. I don't believe you." She shakes her head and move his hand away from her face. "I don't believe your view of me won't change because it already has."

Saiki gives her a genuine expression of confusion, not caring to show his usual straight face. "What?"

"Miko." Y/n spoke the girl's name with despair. Turning her gaze to meet his once more. "She's replacing me, isn't she? You asked her to help you with Imu. You don't ever ask for help unless you ask me. Especially when dealing with people from school. And you've went to the Cafe we use to go to, with her. Soon enough she'll be making you deserts, and having movie nights plus series reruns with you, and doing all the things we use to do."

"That's not true."

Honestly, he could never see himself doing any of those things with anyone other than Y/n. The two things she named that he was doing with Miko, were taken out of context.

The girlfriend situation with Imu was not how he planned on it playing out. He originally wanted Y/n to play the role of his girlfriend. He would have enjoyed it.

But Y/n was avoiding him like the plague and Miko's the only other person who knows about his powers that could actually help. Trust and believe he did not enjoy it.

And with the Cafe thing. Saiki never invited Miko to the Cafe. She quite literally showed up out of nowhere, demanding for his attention. She has a habit of stalking him. Really irritating, which is why he doesn't go to that Cafe anymore. He doesn't want to share that spot with anyone but Y/n.

"What's not true, Saiki?" Y/n questions as she looks at him with an impatient look.

Hearing her call him by his last name makes him wince. He's gotten very comfortable and use to her calling him by his first, that he'd forgotten what his last name sounded like from her voice.

But hearing her say it sounded so... unfamiliar. It didn't sound right in his ears. His last name didn't sound right coming from her.

"Don't call me that."

"Your name?" She asks questioningly with a tone that sounded almost mocking.

He ignores her mocking tone and spoke. "Don't call me Saiki. To you, it'll always be Kusou."

Y/n dryly chuckles in disbelief. "Seriously, Saiki. I don't understand what you're trying to do or what point you're trying to make. Is this your way of stalling? Hoping to talk me out of jumping?"

"I have every reason and your stalling won't interfere. It annoys me that you're using my feelings to try and cloud my judgment. I'm not effected by you knowing what I feel for you. But I don't like that you're pretending to share the same feelings I do as a way to give me false hope so I don't end my life."

Saiki gives a perplexed look. "Who said I was pretending?"

"I did. That's the only explanation as to why you're suddenly showing interest in me. And I don't like the feeling of pity." She spoke stern and cold with her eyes narrowing to show that she truly does not believe he feels romantically towards her because he's only now showing it. When her life is on the line.

She glances back to look up at the sky then down the mountain. Saiki takes notice of this and places his hands to both sides of her face gently but quickly to turn her attention back to him.

But before he can speak, with much force, Y/n pushes him back. Effectively putting a lot of distances between the two.

Then again, she looks back down the snowy mountain. No signs of fear on her face, only the need for what she feels to be her peace.

Saiki notices this and makes an effort to step towards her. "Y/n, don't."

She looks back at him, seeing him try to slowly get closer to her once more. But she only smiles as tears reform in her eyes, which makes his eyes widen at her next words.

"𝐺𝑜𝑜𝑑𝑏𝑦𝑒𝐾𝑢𝑠𝑜𝑢
𝐼 𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑌𝑜𝑢."

"𝑌𝑁!"

"𝑌/𝑁!"