54|| Then comes the Fall

Start from the beginning

Ethan froze, seemingly taken aback by her tone. After the initial surprise he frowned. "Why shouldn't I be? And what do you mean no property, what's going on? Why do both of you seem so...agitated?"

Isaac sighed, it was a long drawn out and heavy one. He looked to the skies and back. The mental strain he was on was enough to make any man his age bedridden. Still, he wasn't no comman man. He would never go down that easily. "That is none of your concern, Mr Reid."

Ethan's gaze constantly averted between both of them, "Oh...? But I do think it is...What do you mean and what's about our deal?"

"Ah..." Sienna released a loud breath of air, then she laughed. The sound surprised Isaac. To anyone outside it would seem as if she was the one going crazy here. "You fucking idiot, there is no deal, there was never a deal-!"

"Seinna..." Isaac grabbed her, cutting her off mid sentence.

She turned to glare at him, tilting her head to the side stiffly. "Does it matter anymore? Now? Why can't I tell him the truth a little earlier than planned? Everything already gone to shit isn't it?!"

"No no..." Ethan shook his head. Their attitudes was so vastly different in contrast to the morning hours before. It gave Ethan an unseen whiplash and he struggled to keep up, "But the contract, I read it and it stated-"

Sienna cut him off with a laugh. "See, Isaac? He's delusional! You'd think after working so long in this shithole fucking field he'd know to keep his mouth shut and sign the major contracts before passing along valuable information-" she shook her head, as if pitying him for being so trusting. It was less pitying and more mocking from where he stood.

Sienna continued after a breath, "-What contract binds us to you now? Hm? You got your coins from the first menial contract and we settled the initial payout so what's stopping us from dropping you right now?"

Although the past events from before was taxing and gave her plenty of stress...losing the property, seeing their previous partner with an enemy that would soon drive them into ruin (or very close). Sienna did get some satisfaction when seeing that once prideful face of his collapse into confusion and helpless anger. How sweeter it would've been...if they actually had the property in their grasp and got to cut him off knowing he wouldn't be getting not even an acre after they ripped up that bogus contract in front of him.

Unfortunately life didn't always go as planned.

"The contract I read the day before...? Was fake? I won't be promoted in your branch? The remainder of the payout and the piece of land...it wasn't real?" Ethan seemed to be slowly coming up to terms with it. The more he spoke the wider and more disbelieving his eyes got.

"Wow, he figured it out," Sienna sneered, "If I didn't think you were such a creep I'd give you a standing ovatio-" she got cut off as Isaac stepped in between them, holding her back.

"All right, Seinna, that's enough for now-"

"No-!" She slipped out of his hold, breathing heavily. Her eyes were practically wild now. She turned her attention back onto him. "It's not just loosing the land...Isaac. we might loose everything! That bastard Jonas has stuff on us...things that could lead to internal investigations-" She averted her eyes in horror, as if seeing that future in the near distance.

"You remember H&G PRO? SKYLINE's dot co? You do don't you? They're one of the many who went up against that company and only came out with the skin on their backs! Everything they had..seized by the government- years of dealings covered up so well yet suddenly burst in the open air... I don't know how he did it but everyone knows that man was responsible-"