♡ 17. What arrow? ♡

~~~~

Yo

~~~~

Giorno drove us home where we met with the others. Everyone had gathered around as we discussed Marco's defeat and how we'd be a bit safer now.

"That's great, I'm happy for you." Bucciarati said with a smile. "Where's the arrow?" My heart stopped for a second and both Narancia and I looked at each other in panic.

"T-The arrow?" I glanced over at Giorno who looked like he was about to kill me.

"Yes, the arrow. I assume you did get it before we left, right?" I looked back to Narancia who looked extremely pale. My blood ran cold and I realized how bad we had fucked up.

"Yeah, uh, so, about that..." I began, but Narancia continued.

"We were totally looking for it! Yeah, we were looking for it a lot! But it wasn't there. Do you expect us to bring it back when it's not there? I. Don't. Think. So. Meaning we're not to blame!" Everyone had their eyes locked on us, staring holes into our bodies.

"Y/N, I'm glad you defeated Marco, but couldn't you have at least tried to remember the arrow?" Bucciarati had a look of disappointment on his face. I glanced down on the floor. I really should have remembered it, so why didn't I?

"Hey! She did her best, okay?! She saved my life and fought of someone who tried to kill her! Yet, you're nagging her about forgetting the arrow? Geez! Give her a break! She could have died- I could have died, if it weren't for her!" Narancia scolded the others while I just watched him in shock. I even felt myself blush a bit at the way he stood up for me. "Now, if you excuse us, she needs to rest and get her wounds taken care of. Bye!"

Narancia had his arm wrapped around my waist as he walked me to his room. After closing the door, he sat me down on his bed and brought out some bandages from a drawer in his desk.

"Thank you, Narancia." I smiled at him as he stood in front of me trying to untangle the bandages.

"Hm? O-Oh, yeah that's nothing. I just didn't like how little they appreciated your hard work." After a bit of a struggle, he managed to untangle it enough to start wrapping it around one of my hands. He dried off the blood and cleaned it up a bit before carefully wrapping it around my right hand.

"I'm not fragile, you don't have to be so careful with me." I giggled a bit and his cheeks got a bit rose-colored.

"Well I'm just making sure you won't get hurt again! It's my fault for not finishing him off that first time outside the restaurant..." He pouted a bit and finished wrapping up my right hand. I cupped his face into my hands and made him look over at me. He looked like he was feeling guilty.

"Narancia, you're absolutely amazing. You're always protecting me and taking care of me. You're the best both at being my nurse and being my boyfriend." His entire face matched the color of the blood on my hands. He probably wasn't used to the compliments.

...Or being called my boyfriend.

"Thanks Y/N... But I don't always feel like it." He averted his gaze, but put his hands over mine. Though he quickly removed them when he remembered only one of my hands had been fixed up. "Ah! Sorry! I forgot your left hand is still covered in blood!" I pulled his face down towards mine and kissed his lips. Not as gently as we previously had, but a little rougher.

"I love you." I let go of his face and and he grabbed my hand to clean it up.

"I love you too, like, a lot." He smiled at me. Not his Narancia-grin, but a smile. He cleaned up the wound and wrapped it up in bandages. "There! All finished u-" I pulled him down on the bed next to me and gave him a tight hug.

"I hope I get hurt more so I can have you take care of me again." I pressed my face into the crook of his neck and snuggled into him as he wrapped his arms around me too.

"Don't say that! I hate seeing you hurt. I want you to be happy and healthy at all times!" The vibrations from his voice tickled my nose as he spoke. It made me laugh a bit. "What's so funny? Huh?"

"It tickles me when you talk." I answer and lean up slightly, leaving a small kiss on his neck.

Three knocks were heared on the door and Narancia opened the door to reveal Mista who looked a bit annoyed.

"Hey, Bucciarati wanted you two to- Why do you two look like Abbacchio when someone compliments him? DID YOU TWO-"

"SHUT UP, WE'LL BE DOWN IN A SECOND!" Narancia yelled and slammed the door. Mista's laughter could be heard from outside as he walked away again. "S-Sorry about that uh, I think Bucciarati wanted us to go back downstairs..."

~~~~~~~

(Part of this chapter has been removed. It will be edited in the near future)
-May 8th 2023-

~~~~~~~