Chapter 5

Skull Island

“N-Nani?” was the word that left the crews’ mouth as they stared at the man as if he just said the stupidest statement ever.

“Hey man, what are you saying?” Leorio asks with his head tilted slightly to the side.

The man releases a grunt annoyed by Leorio, just then he walked towards Tsuki’s direction and pointed at the ship. “That beauty had a minor hole on her, good thing I patched it up in time or you won’t be able to get off this island.”

Tsuki walked pass him and towards the ship. “I made that hole on purpose” She said with her back facing her mates, that left them wide-eyed - shock on her confession.

“An ordinary shipwright would obey the orders of guarding it properly, but a real shipwright would inspect the ship while guarding it and would notice any damage, no matter how small it is. I agree that touching things that doesn’t belong to you is bad manners but you got me impressed with your work…. Knukkle” Tsuki looked at him and tossed the last broach she had.

“Remember, every one of us has a duty to fulfill in this crew. Now get ready to set sail, we’ll head south.”

“Hai” the crew was shocked at their Senshou’s words but all they could do is smile as they obeyed their captain’s orders.

“And I would like you to meet our navigator, Kite. I tasked him to guide us to a specific island to the south, we’ll be staying there for the mean time.” Tsuki informed all the crew member as she received nods from them.

When they were about to set sail, a brown dog with a satchel at his back barked and went to their new navigator, as Kite pick up the satchel containing his maps.

Each member of the crew held different reaction as Tsuki just stared emotionlessly at the interaction between her navigator and the dog and boarded the ship.

Killua, Pouf, Knukkle, Pokkle and Leorio just shrugged as they continued their work on the deck but they got quite affected by its cuteness although they thought that it isn’t necessary to show it. Pitou, however, is not quite fond of dogs and the fact that cats and dogs sometimes don’t get along with each other.

As for the girls, they got excited upon seeing the dog.

“Are you going to bring your dog with us?” Ponzu asked shyly as she fiddles with her fingers.

“No, besides he’s not mine” Kite muttered as the two girls frowned. “I found him on the streets and had returned him to his real owner, but he still often visits me after that day.”

After Kite took the satchel from the dog, it stayed seated as it watches his friend walk away and boarded the ship.

They started to board the ship as the brown dog wagged its tail as if waving goodbye to his friend.

And they set off………..

While they sailed through the calm ocean, the crew got to know their new mates as they chatted with each other. Knukkle and Killua taught the new recruits their way around the ship and the things they needed to do and remember if ever there’s a storm.

While Tsuki is in her quarters examining the map that Kite owned, it contains the islands located at the south part of the Yorknew ocean.

Just then, a knock on her door was heard and it clicked open indicating that someone had entered.

“What is it Leorio?” Tsuki questioned without facing the doctor.

“Earlier I saw blood on your clothes within the area of your injury, I assumed that the wound has reopened.” Leorio stated as he steps closer to his captain, Tsuki just nodded and headed to the bed as she let Leorio examine her wound.