"The first people I ever had any desire to follow were the two of them."

En başından başla

Looking up while still keeping her chin on the table, (Y/N) reached over and grabbed the papers once again, wincing at the low numbers. Like they had stung her all over again.

"Lordy...no wonder Ma cried when you showed her all this," she sighed before sliding them back toward the boy.

Oh, why did she have to keep hurting him like this? Baji soon curled up into a little ball on his chair, comical tears filling his eyes as he looked back at the Hell's Angel with a hurt expression.

"WHY ARE YOU BEING SO MEAN TO ME?!?" he cried.

"I'm just telling you the truth, Drama Queen," her icy cold response was.

Baji could only bury his head in his arms, letting out a little whimper in order to try and gain sympathy from the older girl. It always worked whenever Mikey did it, so surely she would do the same with him. Unfortunately, the long haired boy never heard the girl make a sound. In fact, she hadn't moved from her spot.

Dammit...

He had to make this better, Baji wanted to make her and his mother proud. Luckily, the first division captain had consulted the Toman commander in order to prepare for this little event, and to him, the pale blonde boy gave him the best answer. Sitting back up, Baji put on a confident front, gaining (Y/N)'s attention as she too, sat up and leaned her cheek on her hand.

"W-Well, Mikey gave me great advice about how to do better this year," the black haired boy started out.

"Oh boy, do I even wanna know?"

The dual color haired girl didn't know if that would be a good thing or not. Mikey wasn't exactly the smartest person in the entire world either, so there was no telling what he had told Baji as a solution to this issue. Still, the girl sat up and listened, though she didn't have very high hopes for this so-called 'solution'.

"He told me that wearing glasses will make me smarter! And I bought the perfect pair!" the first division captain revealed as he proudly pointed to himself.

Oh, sure. That was totally going to be the solution to all of his problems. Not! Yeah, just as she had suspected, the commander had given her friend the stupidest advice one could ever give. Hearing her let out another groan, Baji watched as the girl stood up from her spot at the kitchen table and made her way into the living room to sit on the couch alongside Ryoko.

"Ma, I can't with him," the young Hell's Angel groaned as she leaned on the older woman's shoulder.

"I don't blame you, honey," Ryoko sympathized with her as she stroked the young teen's bi-colored hair.

"HEY!"

Dang, they were really ganging up on him over this. Welp, he was just going to have to prove to them that he could become smart with his glasses and all that. That would make them both proud.

Timeskip

Finally, today was the day. First day of school. Like always, (Y/N) had made her way from her home to Baji's apartment building so the two of them could walk to school together. Honestly, the girl was kind of anticipating these glasses that Baji was telling her about the day before. Climbing the stairs up to the first division captain's floor, the Hell's Angel went straight to the door and knocked three times in a rhythmic pattern to where the boy knew exactly who it was.

Hearing some rustling coming from the other side, the Hell's Angel heard the boy bidding his mother goodbye before she heard the door unlock and the knob turning. When it flung open, it was safe to say that Baji's new look definitely caught the older girl off guard as her jaw dropped slightly.