~four~

Things were not going as planned at all. The second Kanda had laid a hand on Allen, and Mana reacted by sending a fist into the exorcist's face.

"Don't you dare lay a hand on him!" Mana shouts, standing before his startled son.

Cross is more impressed than anything. He had no idea that Mana could be capable of hitting another person. Allen looks down before Mana pulls him close with a glare. Mana knows how much Allen hated being grabbed or handled by anyone that isn't Mana or, most recently, Miranda.

"Are you uninjured, Allen? Because if they hurt you, I swear-" Mana's enraged words are interupted by Allen.

"No. I'm fine... I don't wish to be near them..." Allen mumbled softly, but he wanted to swear, yell and insult Kanda a thousand times over. It had scared him, bringing up some unpleasant memories.

"It'll be over soon. I'll see that those people leave." Mana promised.

Allen acknowledges Mana's words, sits at the small dining table and hides his face. Mana turns to the men with an impassive expression, placing a hand on the door.

"Leave, and stop disturbing our peace. My son will not be going anywhere with you. And I suggest not touching him again." Mana states coldly before slamming the door.

Yes, Mana may be overprotective and doting, but He has seen how hard Allen's life was in the circus and, over the short time before leaving, had come to adore the boy. He never wants him to suffer such hardships. He will continue to protect Allen and allow him to live as he should have.

~

Lenalee watched from a distance before turning to the little window that peers into the kitchen. There she sees the older man comfort the teen. She felt for them and wished the teen would be left alone with his father. Lenalee smooths out the dress she wears nearly every time she leaves the order before striding to the door.

The teenage girl's knuckles rap softly against the wooden door. The older man opens the door again, expecting and preparing to remind the men from before but stops and calms at the sight of Lenalee.

"Hello, there. What can I do for you?" He asks warmly.

"May I speak to you and your son? It won't take long." Lenalee prompts.

"Of course. Come in and join me at the table." The older man accepts with a smile.

She was surprised at first by the kindness and easy acceptance. Lenalee has no intention of ripping them apart or convincing them to let the teen accompany her back to the black order. She will, however, explain things to them, such as innocence and the Akuma. So they wouldn't get hurt by either side.

Once seated, she ensures the other teen is alright before speaking, "I have to explain something, but not to convince you, instead to make sure you both stay safe."

Both look at Lenalee, giving her their full attention. They're ready to listen in case it could be life or death for them.