Chapter 9: For Love

Start from the beginning

Maria and Alucard stood back to back as they had killed the soldiers. The asian vampire smokily appeared above them and sent the fog towards them and Alucard picked Maria up and quickly transported, which surprised the vampire general. Alucard reappeared behind them and swiped his sword through their head but then turned into mist to avoid damage.

The Indian vampire snuck an attack behind Alucard but the attack never reached because they were tackled out of the air and shoved into a pillar and before they could react a white light shimmered from a distance before a fiery white blast shot towards them destroying them instantly. Maria looked back from the rifle in her hand.

"Excuse me, but where did you get that rifle?" Trevor exclaimed and she flinched and quickly hid it behind her back.

"I may...or may not have cleared out some of the weaponry--oh look a vampire!" She pointed out and darted away avoiding Trevor's accusing glare.

Alucard was punched out of the air and he hit the pillar. The asian mist vampire formed in front of him and was about to release a poisonous gas but they were frozen in place and crushed by Sypha.

"Way to go, Sypha!" Maria cheered, making the speaker smirk. Sypha then helped Trevor as she vaulted him into the air and grabbed hold of the remaining generals ankles and pulled him down as he landed and Syha rushed to the plate, placing her fiery palms on his face and he burst into flames and once that was done she threw his body aside.

The girls smiled at each other but their moment of victory was short when they heard the screeching of demonic beasts as they appeared and without a word they ran towards them.

*****

Once they fought their way through the creatures they made their way up the stairs and went directly to Dracula's room with Alucard taking the lead.

Now, father and son stood face to face in the room lit with ominous foreboding from the fireplace.

"Father."

"Son."

"Your war is over."

"Because you say so?"

"It ends. In the name of my mother."

"It endures in the name of your mother."

"I told you before, I won't let you do it. I grieve with you...but I won't let you commit genocide."

"You couldn't stop me before."

"I was alone before."

Trevor, Maria and Sypha appeared from the shadows to stand by Alucard's side.

Alucard lunged towards Dracula and drove him into the wall but Dracula is stronger than Alucard as he wld the tip of the blade between his fingers. He pushed back by merely taking steps forward and he dodged the swipes of his son by simply turning and he caught the sword and punched his son and he dove into the fireplace as a result.

Dracula turned towards the companions.

Trevor ran forward and Dracula squats as the ground cracked beneath his feet. Seeing the attack Maria encased Trevor in a bubble as Dracula launched himself towards Trevor and slammed him into the wall and even under the protective barrier the attack still pushed force with force as he fell down and wheezed.

Sypha attacked him with flames and Dracula used his cloak for cover.

"Speaker magician!" He growled and charged through the flames and Sypha created ice but slashed right through it drawing blood as she was thrown back.

"Sypha!" Maria and Trevor yelled and Maria turned to face Dracula and drew her hands together forming a ball and thrust forward releasing a precise ray of holy power.