Xile looked at Zayn and then us as she nodded agreeing with his statement.

"Well, it's a good thing I was coming to do just that," I said walking forward. "I'll see you at home, I love you," I tip-toed and kissed Grey on the cheek.

"Dad, you're not coming?" Xile asked.

He kissed me on the forehead before he stepped forward and placed his arm around Xile's shoulder. "I'll be home soon shortcake. I promise, there's just something, or someone I need to take care of." I took my phone out of my pocket when it rang and followed as they turned and made their way out into the hallway.

"Good Evening Ms. Semaya, this is The Velvet Box Jewelers, I'm calling today to inform you that your items are ready for pickup. We also offer delivery if that's better for you." the lady on the phone said cheerfully.

"Would I be able to retrieve it now?" I asked as I slowed my strides careful not to make Grey hear.

"We close in five minutes, but I'm willing to keep the store open for as long as you need." She said.

"I'd love that; I can be there in about 15 minutes."

"See you then, Ms. Semaya."

"Who was that?" Zayn asked as he came up beside me.

"Will you shush, you'll see soon," I said motioning for him to be quiet. "Where's your other half?"

"She left with Xavi, apparently he wasn't that injured to miss out on a spontaneous romp, so I'm driving with you,"

As I settled in the driver's seat, Grey closed my door, and I rolled down my window. I stuck my head out and kissed him goodbye once more, "Message me as soon as you're home," he said, and I nodded before rolling the window up and driving off.

"Now...who were you talking to?" Zayn turned in his seat to face me.

✦ • ✦ • ✦ • ✦ • ✦ • ✦ • ✦

After filling Xile and Zayn in on what I'd been keeping locked away in my mind these past few weeks and stopping at the jewelry store to pick up my custom orders, we finally made it home.

I stopped in my tracks as we entered the house and turned to face them, "Not one word of this to anyone, am I understood?"

They nodded frantically and I nodded once more before I turned around and continued inside the house.

The original plan was to give it to one of the twins or Xile to hide for me, but after long thinking, I decided otherwise.

I quickly took off my shoes and placed them on the shoe rack next to the door before running down the hallway. Opening the door to my old room I flip on the lights and quickly scan the room for the best hiding place.

Even though this room was a hiding place in itself seeing as no one ever came in here. Well, that is other than me when in desperate need of escaping everything haunting my mind relentlessly like a ticking time bomb waiting to erupt.

After grabbing the key to the jewelry drawer in the closet from the vanity, I quickly input the password on the keypad to open the closet door. I place the bag on the island countertop and open the jewelry drawer with the key.

Once I was done placing the jewelry boxes into the drawer, I folded the bag with the jewelry store's name printed in bold and placed it into one of the shoe boxes in the corner of the closet.

I double-checked that the drawer was closed and shoved the key into my pocket.

Exiting the closet, I turn to face the keypad once again. The door closes and I change the password to the date Xile, and I met the twins for the first time.