Treat You Better - Raven Reyes

This is part 2 of 24 to my 24 Days of Music prompts. Based off of Treat you Better by Shawn Mendes.

Trigger Warnings: brief mentions of war

"Raven, can you do it?" You raised your eyebrow in surprise as you walked into the tent that your best friend Raven was in, noticing Finn.

"Of course she can," You intervened, knowing they were talking about the bomb that needed to be placed on the bridge. You could easily guess that they intended on using gunpowder and the rocket fuel from the crashed Exodus ship to do just that.

"Y/N," Raven said gently, with the subtle implication that you could tone it down a notch. "I can do it."

The next thing you know, you and Raven teamed up to go extract the fuel. You knew how dangerous and risky it was, but you didn't care. You hated watching how Finn treated Raven, and you hated even more watching Raven cry to you as she had to watch the man she fell in love with, slowly fall for someone else. As you both briskly walked towards the crashed ship, Raven looked over at you with sad eyes, looking down slightly as she started to speak.

"You know, he didn't even hesitate when Clarke fell, it wasn't even a split second, he just went." She spoke, voice slightly trembling.

"Raven, you don't deserve this. I know everything that he did for you on the ship, how much you love him, but I hate seeing you so hurt and torn up over him. You deserve someone who won't lie to you, who only thinks about you, who will treat you way better than he can," You replied gently, hoping what you said wouldn't hurt her even more.

"I know, Y/N..." Raven trailed off, "He's the one I want though." You could tell from her face as she said that, that her belief of that was slowly fading away by the day.

You left the conversation at that, as you both arrived at the crashed ship. Raven asked you to stay back as she extracted the rocket fuel. She had her space suit on in the process, and you watched as she carefully filled the container she brought for the fuel. You've known Raven just about as long as she's known Finn. Hell, you even knew about the spacewalk because you helped Finn coordinate it for her. You knew the Finn who was up on the Ark, and the Finn that's down here now, falling in love with Clarke... you feel like you barely know him now.

You've had a crush on Raven for longer than they've been dating, but you couldn't ever let her know because you knew she liked Finn. Despite that, you truly felt like she was spending all her time in the wrong situation now, and a part of you wished she would realize your feelings for her. You know you could treat her better than he can. You absolutely hated all the wasted crying when you should have asked her to be with you instead at the very beginning, before Finn got the chance to swoop in just to break her heart.

"I got it!" Raven exclaimed, snapping you out of your thoughts.

"I knew you would," You smiled. "Let's get back, we need to make that bomb and get it on the bridge fast if we want any chance at surviving."

You got back to camp and Raven instantly went to work, and you helped out where you could to get it done in record time. From there, Raven explained how it would work to activate it to you, Finn, and Bellamy. It did use the rest of the gunpowder, but it was a hail mary effort so there would be more fighters.

"So, which one of you is planting the bomb?" Bellamy asked. You watched as both Raven and Finn hesitated, so you immediately stepped up.

"I will," You said confidently.

"Y/N, I got it," Finn replied, looking a bit nervous as he said it.

What's he even trying to do, save face with Raven by looking brave? You rolled your eyes at his comment. Before you could say anything back, you noticed Bellamy's nose start to bleed.