Chapter 9: Truth and Consequences

Start from the beginning

"Ok." Mr. Kim said. "Go on."

"He was leading her away from the other cops and was headed towards an alley. We knew that she was dead if we didn't get her away from him. Lisa and I made a quick plan to run in, hit him hard, grab the girl and go. So, armed with some holy water and a crowbar we rushed him. We managed to have caught him totally by surprise. A moment later, he was on the ground and blind from the holy water in his eyes. We grabbed the girl and ran." Jennie said.

Daesung frowned. "You're leaving something out, since Jade shot him in the foot."

"You're right." Lisa said. "When he was down, I grabbed his gun, badge, wallet and car keys. So he couldn't play cop anymore. His police cruiser is in an alley near Oakdale and 34th street. Before I took off, just on impulse, I put a round in his foot. The wallet, badge and car keys are in that bag I gave you. Maybe you can use the wallet to find his lair or something. After we got away we dropped the girl off at her sorority house."

There was an odd moment of silence in the room, in which the adults all starred at the girls.

"Did you go shopping with his money?" Asked Jennie's father with a rather disappointed tone of voice.

The girls nodded in unison. "What do you think this is a game? Look, I understand why you did what you did. That girl would be dead if you didn't act, but don't be so cavalier about it. If that vampire finds you and believe me he will be looking for you, he'll strangle you with your own intestines." Mr. Kim said.

Sandara pointed at both the girls and getting more angry by the second. "From now on, both you two will have a wooden stake and holy water on you at all times after sundown. You should have just grabbed the girl and ran. It was stupid to rob him and just wrong to spend the money like that. Now go up to your room. To give you a bit of time to think how you should have handled the situation more seriously I'm grounding you for a month. You did the right thing in rescuing the girl, but you need to be more serious about it."

Jennie's shoulders slumped as a frown began to form on her face.

Mrs. Kim then looked at Lisa. "Lisa, since your bonding with Jennie, you can stay over as you had planned. I can't ground you so while Jennie's grounded, you can come and go as you please."

Both girls nodded and walked upstairs. Only when they heard the door to Jennie's room shut, did Daesung start to laugh.

"I can't fucking believe it."

"Believe what?" She asked.

"That in the history of our people, your daughter is the first one to actually mug a vampire."

Sandara glared at her brother. "You're just as bad as she is."

"Their hearts were in the right place. Actually, it's kind of funny thinking of that Vampire walking home."

"Counting Coup." Said Mr. Kim out of nowhere as he examined the contents of the bag.

"Counting what?" Said his wife in confusion.

"Something I remember from college history class. The plains Indians, had a tradition called Counting Coup. It would involve an Indian warrior doing something reckless in combat. Most often it would be just touching an enemy with his hand or stealing something from him right on the battlefield."

Mr. Kim held up the now unloaded Glock pistol. "Such as stealing an enemy's weapon. It was considered an act of great bravery and if done without sustaining injury, a high honor."

Mrs. Kim thought for a moment, "What are you trying to say? We let it slide. You do realize they went shopping with his money. Isn't that considered robbery."

Mr. Kim nodded. "Yes, but one of my instructors at the police academy said, while we think the law is absolute we must not be blind to the exceptions. When that vamp in Coventry, England got wasted a few years back. Didn't the werewolf that destroyed him, get to keep the Vamp's Porsche?"

Daesung nodded. "That's right, she did."

"So what do we do?" Sandara asked.

Mr. Kim placed the items back in the bag. "We rescind the grounding, but stress the need for both of them to be vigilant. Right now they need to be worried about that Vamp. He'll want revenge, but maybe with the ID's in this wallet we can find his lair in the meantime. By stealing his wallet, they may have saved lives other than that sorority girl."

Daesung nodded in agreement. "Me and some of our people will check out any potential lairs out tomorrow during the day. It will be safer then."

"Okay." Sandara said.

Upstairs, Jennie was sitting on her bed pouting. "Grounded for a month. It's not fair."

Lisa sat down next to Jennie. "We did the right thing." Lisa then slowly kissed the side of Jennie's neck. "I'll make sure you don't get too board in captivity."

Jennie moaned and moved her head allowing Lisa for greater access to her neck, but before anything else could happen, there was a knock on the door.

"Come in." Jennie said.

A moment later, Jennie's dad walked in. "We talked it over and we decided our punishment was a bit harsh. You did the right thing under the circumstances."

"Here Lisa." Mr. Kim tossed something small to her.

Catching it, Lisa could see it was a bullet from the pistol she took from the vampire. "Why are you giving me this?"

"On the internet, look up counting coup. It's something the plains Indians used to do. Touch an enemy in combat or take his weapons. It was considered an act of bravery and honor. The warriors who did it would get a feather. In your case you get a bullet, to commemorate your counting coup."

He then looked to Jennie. "You spent his money but I'm told that in the past, Werewolves who have destroyed Vampires got their choice of his possessions. So what you did is not unusual. It would be hypocritical to punish you for it. "

Jennie nodded. "Thanks."

Mr. Kim's voice took a more serious tone. "I do need to tell you that you're playing in the big leagues now. I'm used to it, every day I go out knowing that I may never come back. You need to prepare yourself for that knowledge. I don't want to lose a daughter or see my daughter loose her girlfriend. Be smart, be vigilant, and know there's no shame in retreat. We did decide on something. I've been informed by your uncle Daesung that there is a Judo dojo that happens to be run by a werewolf. You're strong but you need to be focused. You're going to take lessons. Lisa, you're welcome to join her, I would strongly advise it. Considering the fact that if that vamp catches you, he'll use your skull for a Halloween decoration. Am I making myself clear?"

"Yes." Both Jennie and Lisa said in unison.

"Well if you excuse me, your mom, uncle and I are going to a comedy club and we will be out late. Your sister is staying at a friend's house. So good night."

"Good night daddy." Jennie said as Mr. Kim closed the door.

After a few moments of silence, a devilish smile slowly formed on Jennie's lips. "How convenient, no one will be home for a few hours."

Lisa smirked and very slowly ran a finger up Jennie's back. "Very Convenient. So is that enough time to properly bond with your intended mate?"

Jennie leaned over and caught Lisa's lip in a kiss. "Most certainly." She said in a low husky voice.

To be continued on Chapter 10...