i. the calm before the storm

-

FAITH STARED AT THE FAST MOVING SCENERY FROM A WINDOW OF THR TRAIN. "ALITGHT RED! LETS DO THIS" CASSIE, A FRIEND OF FAITHS STATED AS SHE STOOD NEXT TO FAITH INFRONT OF THE OPENING DOOR.

Cassie jumped out of the train and waited for Faith unlike everyone else who just started sprinting twords the building. Faith landed on the ground, Cassie quickly picking her up before running.

"I always love that rush" Faith chuckled as they ran. Faith looked to the stiffs to see a guy looks at her. She thought he was cute. Black hair, Brown eyes, and a scar on his chin. Faith always had good eye sight, she's what people at Dauntless call a hawk.

Faith winked at the guy watching him smirk before running into the building and taking a seat at the far top of the rows of chairs.

She watched as people got called up and chose their Fraction, cheering once in a while for the people who chose Dauntless.

"Peter Hayes" Faith watched as the boy from earlier stood up and walked down to the Fraction choosing stand. The guy sliced his hand and without hesitation put it over Dauntless, his blood dripping onto the burning coals.

Faith cheered with the rest of Dauntless, the guy looked up and made eye contact with Faith, before taking his seat and watching the ceremony.

-

As the last person chose their Fraction, Dauntless quickly got up and ran out of the building, cheering, screaming, scaring the people walking in the street.

Faith laughed as she climbed up the side of the train tracks. She got up and pulled up Cassie. She saw Peter standing a few feet away.

"You ready?" Faith asked causing Peter to look over at her.

"For what?" Peter asked. A train horn went off making Faith smile. "That." Fairh started sprinting infront of everyone Peter following behind her. As the train passed her at full speed, she quickly jumped onto the train, holding onto a hand bar by the door. She quickly hit the button that opened the doors, watching as people ran and jumped onto the train.

Peter landed into the train with a 'thud' making Faith look over at him. "Hate to burst your bubble, but we're just getting started" Faith chuckle as Peter groaned and got up.

"You Dauntless really are as crazy as people say, huh?" Fairh smirked and walked over to Cassie. Peter quickly followed behind her.

"Hello!" Cassie smiled at the guy before looking over at Faith with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh right! Cassie this is Peter. Peter this is Cassie." Peter nodded ove to Cassie.

"Peter this is Red" Peter chuckled.

"Like the color? What we're Pink and Purple taken?" Peter laughed making Cassie and Faith both glade at him. He quickly shut up. "Sorry."

"You ready?" Faith asked as she and Cassie walked up to the door.

"Not this again..." Peter sighed as he quickly saw the doors open. "What the hell"

"Yes. We're jumping. And you better hurry too. The buildings end in a matter of a few seconds" Faith chuckled before she watched Cassie run and jump.

Peter watched in shock. "Don't be a pussy. Hurry!" Fairh grabbed his hand and pulled him back. Peter looked over at her and nodded before humans Faith ran and jumped.

Peter sighed in relief as he landed on the gravel. "Please tell me we're done?" Peter groaned as he pulled a little rock out of his arm.

"One more thing. Don't follow me this time." Faith stated as she walked up to Eric and the other leaders.

"Planning on scaring the new comers?" Eric asked with a smirk.

"You know it" Faith replied with a chuckle. Faith listened as Eric introduced him and the leaders until her name popped up.

"This is Red. She is also a leader. If you have any concerns or questions shes the one to go to!" Eric told the new comers. Faith listened as he tormented the new comers telling them what they were about to do. "So? Who's gonna jump first?" Eric smiled sickly as he stared at the people in grey.

Faith smiled as she quickly took off her jacket and shoved it into Erics chest. Eric chuckled as he watched Faith climb onto the ledge.

Peter stared from the crowd. His eyes widening as he watched her get up onto the ledge. He played with his fingers inside the pockets of his pants, though he was worried and nervous for Faith, he kept his face straight.

Faith turned around, looking at the group before free falling backwards from the ledge. "Bottoms Up!" Faith screamed as she did a back flip and quickly landed into the net.

She laughed as Cassie came down with a scream. "Was that really necessary?" Faith laughed as she helped Cassie down.

"What? I had to scare the new comers" The two shared a chuckle before the first stiff came down.

Four walked up and helped the girl down. 'She's a pretty little thing' Faith thought as she watched Four ask for her name.

"This is Tris!" The older Dauntless cheered and Tris went to go stand by Faith and Cassie. Faith looked up as she heard a scream and a guy leaned into the net. Faith snorted as she saw it was Peter.

Peter fixed his shirt and Four announced his name. Peter looked over to Faith and let out a breathily chuckle. "Now i know what you meant by 'We're just getting stared', Holy shit" Faith chuckled and pulled him to stand next to her.