✰ Pt. 31 ✰

Yesterday was something, I didn't want to believe that Michael would totally ignore me today, since he's the type to do that, but he didn't.

Michael walked all the way to my house, which is 15 minutes away, plus the fact that he's closer to school, so him risking being late and getting yelled at by his parents really made my day.

We walked to school, hands together, ignoring bringing up yesterday in a conversation and preparing for the history test we have today.

Finally, the moment I dreaded happened "Soo," Michael says, awkwardly, his hands sweating as he opens his mouth "about yesterday"

"Yesterday" I repeat what he says, kicking a pebble. We are 4 minutes into the walk to the building nobody likes.

"Your not- pregnant, are you?" He asks, worried.

"I don't feel sick" I respond, looking over at him while tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

He nods "that's good," He grabs my hand "You sore or anything?"

"my legs are, yeah," I chuckle "Hard to walk a little" A smile appears on my face as I speak.

His lips curve at the ends of his mouth a little, he squeezes my hand as we round a corner, now able to see the school building.

"So, I'm starting work again" He says, starting a conversation.

I get worried, I never really liked where he worked, it gave me a creepy vibe there "What?"

"I'll be safe, love, I promise" He looks at me.

I stop walking and turn to him, connecting our gaze "Promise?"

"Promise"

I smile and he brings me into a short kiss. He pulls away and we continue walking to school, his arm now around my shoulder.

Once we reach the gates, he pecks my cheek before leaving for his friends. I wave and go to find Mady.

I look around the locker area, finally spotting her "Mady!"

Her head whips around and a smile instantly shows on her face "Y/n!"

We both hug each other, she pulls out and looks at my neck "Is that a hickey?"

I freeze, totally forgetting to cover it up "y-yeah" I chuckle and rub the back of my neck.

"Who gave you it?" She asks, a look of excitement on her face.

"Michael" I say, looking at her. Her face flattens.

"Michael, as in Michael Afton?"

"Yeah"

"The Michael Afton?"

"Yes!"

I nervously laugh, hoping she's okay with it. I mean, I get it's my choice, but I don't want to lose Mady as well.

"Hm, you guys made up," She shrugs "y'all used protection?"

I smile and nod. We just stand there awkwardly until the bell rings, causing us to jump and hurry to class.

I sit down and wait for my teacher to walk in. I take a quick peek at the doorway and see Mike. I wave him over and he smiles.

He walks over and sits besides, he mumbles a quiet "Hey" before shifting his gaze to the front of the room.

I admire his face for some time, thinking of how lucky I got.

It feels like we haven't even fought. I love being with him, it's my world, he's my world.

Michael

.

Michael

..

Michael

...

That's all my mind could focus on, Michael fucking Afton.

I'm so deeply in love with him, it hurts. I don't know why I'm thinking about this right now.

"Y/n!" The teacher claps their hands in front of my face, making me jump.  "Mike isn't going anywhere, stare later" He scoffs.

The whole class 'ooos' as they turn their heads towards me, including Michael, except the Oos.

He smiles at me and then turns to the class "Shup up, assholes" He blurts out.

Everyone becomes silent, I laugh and thank him.

-

The rest of the day is a blur, nothing really happening except getting homework and closet make out sessions.

Now I'm laying on Mikes bed, reading a book while he's in the shower.

He walks out, towel around his waist, no shirt on. His hair wet and falling over his face. Gosh he's hot.

"Staring again?" He smirks, I hate but love his teasing.

"Stop" I mumble.

"Relax, I'm only messing with you" He sits next to me and places his hand in shoulder.

He lays me down and soon after he lays next to me, still shirtless, but now wearing his his black boxers.

I rest my head in his chest while he plays with my hair, brushing his fingers through my strands.

"I love you"

Those. Three. Words.

The three words that made my day.
The three words I've been dying to hear.
The three words he's been dying to say.
The three words he meant.

"I love you too"

March 2, 1997

——
Fluff:D