Chapter 13: A New Cause

Signora: "Oh? And here I was wondering if you had forgotten about me, and our last time together~"

I was quite surprised to see her out here in the middle of nowhere, as if she was waiting specifically for me to arrive. And even though it was the location depicted on the map she had given me before, it was really quite late at night now – having just left Yoimiya on the beach a few minutes ago. 

Fortunately, I had pre-emptively adorned my cloak of Hydro before approaching the locale on her map just in case. Perhaps that was why she was standing out here waiting for me? Perhaps she saw me approaching by happenstance? I'm not exactly very subtle when I have a layer of water coursing around me like this after all!

Signora: "I take it you'd like to hear more then? Good, good. Come on in then, will you? It's awfully cold out tonight, and I would certainly hate for you to get ill with a cold right before I put you and your skills to work for us... and the betterment of Inazuma, of course."

Y/N: "... Sure. Lead the way."

Signora: "Still not a person of many words? Well, that's fine with me, you seem plenty capable to me in other ways after all. Come then, follow me~"

The rather imposing women had then pushed open the door of the shanty house she was standing in front of, to which she then walked in alone to leave me to follow her in afterwards. I assume the rundown base of operations was not due to a lack of funds, but moreso to stay under the radar in these underground operations that this Signora hinted at.

After following Signora inside, I remained wary of my surroundings. But I was only really surrounded by dust and weather-weary wood. A damp smell wafted throughout the entire hut. And yet there was only one other person in here... a rather small figure in comparison to the tall Signora, but they seemed to make up for their small size with an overly large hat on their head.

 a rather small figure in comparison to the tall Signora, but they seemed to make up for their small size with an overly large hat on their head

But other than Signora and this little boy... there wasn't anyone else here? And with no other equipment in sight, I can only assume that this was a burner location of theirs. So then that means this place's only use was to be a meeting point then? I suppose I can appreciate the caution in all of this.

Signora: "So then, I suppose you simply wish for us to talk business, so shall we?"

Y/N: "Just... Just tell me what it is exactly that you're hoping to get from our collaboration."

Signora: "Ah, I do so enjoy how direct and straight to the point you are~"

Boy: *scoff*

Signora: "Now then, let us cut the formalities shall we? As I mentioned last time we met, I would like your aid in deterring the upholding of these destructive decrees that the Electro Archon has been enforcing."