❀21❀

❀❀❀

You squeeze my hand three times in the back of the taxi

I can tell that it's gonna be a long road

I'll be there if you're the toast of the town, babe

Or if you strike out and you're crawling home

Don't read the last page

But I stay when it's hard, or it's wrong, or we're making mistakes

I want your midnights

But I'll be cleaning up bottles with you on New Year's Day

❀❀❀

"C'mon Harry!" Phoebe grabs my hand to pull away from the group of people I'm in a conversation with

It's New Year's Eve today. We're spending the day at Genevieve's parents house with all of our family and friends.

Later tonight, Vi invited me to spend the night out with her friends.

I'm a little nervous about it if I'm being honest.

Vi and I haven't been out just the two of us yet.

Yes, her friends will be there and she told me to invite Kendall, so it won't actually be just us. But there's not going to be that barrier separating us.

We have the chance to be like the old us without any interruptions.

In the back of my mind I wonder, did she invite me because she wants me there or did she invite me because she feels bad that I'd be spending New Year's alone with the family?

But I'd do anything just to be around her.

"Where are we going?" I whisper to her as her tiny hand is pulling me with her.

"I want a cupcake, Harry." She whispers back.

She skips her way into the dining room where all the desserts and snacks are.

"Did your mum say you can have one?" I laugh as she jumps up and down in front of the table.

"I can't reach." She reaches her arm up, opening and closing her hand together signaling that she needs help.

I grab the vanilla one with pink frosting and sprinkles and hold in my hands in front of her. "Did you ask your mum, Lovebug?"

"Her told me I can Ladybug!" I gently hand her the cupcake and a bright smile elicits on her face. "You eat one with me please?"