Interlude 2-where everything changes

"You got any weed or shit to make us get high and forget the pain you know?" she snarkily replied, knowing that he associated with the stoners.

"Nah, but I can get you some. Why, are you guys in pain from slicing yourselves up?" Josh says back with a straight face, trying to peek at Tanya's arms.

"Yea totally totally. You know cause we're so depressed and we hate everything and the smallest inconvenience makes us go crazy and cut ourselves up. Here let me show you my razor."

Tanya was about to take out her "razor" when suddenly the McDonalds starting shaking. A few employees went under the counter. "Stop messing around guys everything's okay." one of the older employees shouts at the younger scared employees. "It's probably just a car crash or something."

Tanya looked outside, and saw that the sun was coming...closer? She tugged Josh's shirt to get his attention and show him. 

"What the fuck is that?" he said, shocked. 

"Don't ask me." she said back. 

Josh thought it was smart to duck under the booth, which was right next to the window. But Tanya grabbed him and ran towards the counter where the employees were. Before they could get behind, the building was rocked by an explosion.

The windows blew out.

The lights went out.

But that didn't matter, because it was so bright outside, like a star had just fallen to earth.

The ceiling was crumbling on top of them.

She screamed, for there was searing pain all over her body.

Then, the light went away. 

It was a normal afternoon, except for the massive destruction.

She could hear sirens starting up and people screaming and yelling.

But what about Josh?

He lay face down on her chest. He didn't look right.  

The McDonald's employees slowly came out from behind the destroyed counter to assist the two and assess their own injuries. 

They were all in shock.

None of them knew what happened, and what was to come.

.

.

.

To be updated