Chapter 10: Book Of Vishanti

"Our Strange did not die defeating Thanos. We were at war. While the rest of us banded together to try to stop Thanos, Stephen, as always, chose to go it alone." Charles explained. "He turned to the Darkhold. Began dreamwalking. In hopes that our salvation might lie in the Multiverse." Mordo said. "And guess what? It didn't. But he kept doing it anyway." Captain Marvel said as Stephen looks at them, confused.

"One day, you called us all together, to profess that you've been dreamwalking. And in your words, things have gotten out of hand. You never told us the details of what had happened. Only that you had inadvertently triggered an incursion. You, our friend, had caused the annihilation of another universe." Reed said. "Everyone in that reality died. Everyone." Captain Marvel said a bit of sadness in her voice.

"Stephen renounced the Darkhold. He even helped us find the Book of Vishanti. A weapon we did use to kill him, to defeat Thanos. Thus, one final threat remained." Charles said then he places his hands on his head and starts to project his mind to Stephen to see a memory.

They were on a different planet, Thanos' home, and it looked like a war had just finished, Thanos was dead with his blade sticking out of his chest. The Illuminati were gathered around as Stephen Strange, now wearing blue and silver tunic and clean shaven, was kneeled before them. Blood was running out of his nose and mouth and the tips of his fingers were black.

"I shall miss you, my friend." Charles said to him and Strange looks up and nods. "I'm ready." he said and Black Bolt takes a few steps in front of him, the fork on his head glows, and then said. "I'm sorry."

The sound barriers of his voice hit Strange in waves until Strange was no longer there.

Charles retracts the memory and Stephen gasped and looked at the others horrified. Black Bolt look regretful as he closes his eyes. "Did you tell (y/n)?" Stephen asked them. "Yes." Reed said. "That statue...what about the statue? You built a statue." Stephen said, confused. "The world needs heroes. We made a difficult choice because we knew what our Strange was capable of. Or perhaps, every Doctor Strange is capable of." Carter said.

Suddenly a loud alarm rings out and everyone looks up. "The building's been breached." Reed said. "No shit, genius." Stephen growls as Carter stands up. "Status report, all sentries." she yells and a few screens come up to reveal footage out in the lobby of the Baxter Building.

Wanda had arrived and was taking out all of the robot guards that were coming at her. "She's headed for the child." Captain Marvel said and her, Reed and Black Bolt start to run while Carter turns to Mordo. "Watch him. We'll vote on our return." she said and she leaves while Charles looks over at Stephen.

"Stephen, should you manage to escape this chamber, you must guide America Chavez and Vincent Strange." He tells Stephen while Mordo looks at Charles, confused. "What the hell are you saying?" He asked but Charles ignores him and continues to talk to Stephen.

"Save the girl, and get to the Book of Vishanti." He said. "What, you have the book here?" Stephen asked him. "Yes. You built a way point." Charles informed. "Charles. We cannot trust him." Mordo said, firmly. "I believe we can. Just 'cause someone stumbles and loses their way, doesn't mean they're lost forever. We will see what kind of Doctor Strange you are." Charles said as he looks down at Stephen, who nods. "Thank you." Stephen said, appreciatively.

"Everybody out." (Y/n) tells the other scientists as they run then she hears a fight going on. She turns around and sees smoke and more Ultron bots run towards the destruction. "It's Wanda." America said, fearfully, and (y/n) runs over to Vincent's cage but he shakes his head to her. "No, get her out first." He said and (y/n) looks at him then runs over to her computer.