39

"Alright you first Aether," Xinyan says. "Truth or dare?"

"Let's start with truth," I say, rubbing my hands together like an evil fly.

Xinyan laughs. "Ah, so you like drama I see. Alright, let's see... Is it true that... you think Kaeya has a fat ass?"

I burst our laughing at that, as does she. "Uhhh...no, sorry Kaeya," I say. "It's pretty flat."

Kaeya's mouth drops. "Rude," he says. "My ass looks fat always." Xinyan, Kazuha and I all share another look, then die of laughter once again. "None of you guys have an ass I'd write home about either, just saying." The laughter stops and we all look at Kaeya in full offense.

"What the hell, Kaeya," I say. "This isn't about us."

"Yeah," Kazuha says. "I think Xinyan has a nice ass."

"Kazuha you're exposing yourself," I say.

"You know, Aether," Kazuha says softly, "sometimes the only way to truly unlock your potential is by becoming an open book. Allowing yourself the freedom to express can lead you down pathways you might have never dreamed to travel."

We all pause, blinking at the highly-relaxed anemo man rested on the floor as he smiles at Xinyan.

"A-anyways," Xinyan says, "Uh, Aether, since you went, now you can pick who's next."

I turn to my right. "Xiao," I smirk. "Truth or dare?"

"Whaaa—" he says, looking completely out of it. I can't help but laugh, wrapping my arms around him and falling over him once more.

"Truth or dare baby?"

"Oh, um... dare?" Xiao slurs.

"Ooo feeling adventurous I see." I pause, thinking. "Alright, I dare you to call Childe and tell him you got someone pregnant."

"What?!" Xiao looks at me confused. "Pregnant? How can I get you pregnant?"

"It's just jokes babes," I say. "You have to convince him that you got someone pregnant."

"Okay." Xiao whips out his phone, and we all giggle and lean in to get a good listen. He clicks on the contact, and we sit on the edge of our seats as it rings.

"Yo," Childe answers pretty quickly.

"Um..." Xiao looks at me, and I signal rapidly with my hands for him to keep going. "I'm pregnant." I roll my eyes, lifting my hands in the air, but quickly have to hold in an explosion of laughter. Kaeya shushes me, his own hand over his mouth to hold it in.

"... Huh?" Childe says.

"I mean I got someone pregnant..." Xiao slurs. "What does this...what do I do?"

"Are you drunk?" Childe says. "You're definitely drunk. Where are you? Do you need me to pick you up?"

"What?" Xiao says. "No." He hangs up quickly, and the four of us finally release our chaotic laughter, falling over one another. Xiao frowns, looking at us all with confusion. "I don't get it."

I attempt to pull myself together again, placing a hand on his thigh. "I love you," I say. "Okay okay, your turn baby. Pick someone to do a truth or dare."

Xiao's eyes struggle to focus, but they go across to the man seated on the chair. "Kaeya," he slurs. "Truth or dare?"

"Hmm," Kaeya pokes at his lip. "Truth." My body tenses at his choice, and suddenly the room goes cold and I no longer feel the urge to laugh.

"Do you have a crush on Aether?"

"Xiao, come on..." I say.

"No," Xiao slurs, "let him answer."