Winner Takes It All

I woke up alone in my bed, disappointed at the feeling of emptiness next to me but I wouldn't be telling Charles that. He can't know I'm a hypocritical clinger.

I scrolled on my phone, letting my body adjust to the day before I had to start packing. Instagram was starting to become boring when something peaked my interest, a screenshot from another gossip article.

LONELY LECLERC
Charles Leclerc arrived alone in Austria whilst his new girlfriend Jennifer returned to Monaco with Charles' competitor Max Verstappen.
Is there trouble brewing in paradise in this early relationship?

The photos shown side by side were Charles entering his hotel and me hugging Max goodbye with Emma stood right next to us. I couldn't hold in my laughter as I bounded out of my bed, down the corridor and in to Emma's.

"They think I'm having an affair with Max" I cackled shoving my phone in front of her face as she put hers down, grabbing mine to read the screenshot before joining me in my hysterics
"Must've been a slow day in the office yesterday" she continued laughing "they literally pull these stories out their arses"
"I know right" I wiped tears of laughter from the corners of my eyes
"Wait" Emma paused confused "Who do they think I am?"

We both quickly looked up the article online, my phone loading faster than hers

"HIS ASSISTANT!" I howled with laughter as Emma scowled at me "I hope he's paying you well for the duties you've been performing" I joked

Her scowl quickly turned into a grin as she whacked me with her pillow, both of our sides hurting from the laughter

"We better get packing, we've got Austria to get ready for" I jumped off of the bed
"And then France" Emma continued
"And then Hungary" I threw my hands in the air "we need to plan outfits well if we're going to be living out of suitcases for a month"

I skipped back down the corridor to my room, pulling my big suitcase out of my cupboard and starting to pack the essentials. Three hours later I had picked my outfits, planning to buy a few pieces along the way to complete my ideas. Now I just had to pack everything in to the suitcase, and I thought choosing outfits was the hard part. After another three hours I was finished and sat on my suitcase struggling to zip it closed but with lots of pressure and pushing, it eventually shut.

I helped Emma with her struggle before we had dinner and an early night to rest ahead of our flight tomorrow.

- -

My alarm started blaring at 5 o'clock this morning and I reluctantly dragged myself out of bed to get ready, jumping in for a quick shower before getting changed into shorts and one of Charles' tshirts I had stolen from his suitcase in London.

I wheeled my suitcase to the front door and was caught by surprise to find Emma already waiting, drinking a cup of coffee. Max arrived and struggled with our suitcases into the back of the car.

It was still a surreal feeling stepping on a private jet, one I'll probably never get used to and soon we were landing in Austria. Charles met us at the airport and I abandoned my suitcase with Emma and Max to jump into his waiting arms, covering his face with kisses.

- -

The next few days went in really quickly, spending as much time with Charles as I could whilst he wasn't doing press or working with the strategists and mechanics. Emma and I went sight seeing around Spielberg to occupy ourselves whilst the boys were busy.

Charles took P2 in qualifying on Friday to set the grid for the sprint race on Saturday, Max taking P1, much to Emma's delight. The sprint race was so tense watching Charles fight with Max for top spot, Ferrari ultimately not able to keep up with the speed of RedBull and Charles having to settle for P2 on Sunday.