Hometown Glory

The next few days at university went in quite quickly, mainly introductions to the staff and getting used to the environment. All I kept thinking about was seeing Charles and seeing him race in person. He had been incredibly busy this week with radio and television interviews, everyone wanting to speak to him about his home race which meant we hadn't spent any time together.
It was now Thursday and Emma and I had planned to go shopping so she could be looking her best in the pits tomorrow. I lay in bed scrolling for a while before Emma joined me to do the same, still looking at outfits for inspiration for tomorrow.
We eventually got out of bed and started to get ready for the day, I picked out a light outfit as the heat from the sun made it unbearable to wear any heavy clothes.

After half an hour of Emma deciding what shoes she wanted to wear we finally left the apartment and started our day

After half an hour of Emma deciding what shoes she wanted to wear we finally left the apartment and started our day. Getting ready and walking in to town had really worked up an appetite so we stopped to have breakfast before starting shopping. We chose a little cafe with outdoor seating and ordered our drinks and pastries from the waitress that were soon brought out. I was enjoying my muffin when Emma gasped and I looked at her confused. Before I knew what was happening she was shouting Charles' name. He lifted his head to acknowledge what he thought was a fan excited to see him before clicking who it was that was shouting for him, making his way over to our table.

"Fate still managing to bring us together I see" I laughed, giving him a hug and a kiss on the cheek
"Carlos and I were just about to go on our track walk" he mentioned as another figure appeared behind him, presumably Carlos
"Hi I'm Carlos" he introduced himself
"Jennifer" I replied giving him a hug "and this is my friend Emma"
"Nice to meet you both" he nodded in our directions "we better get going mate" he said to Charles, aware of the team that were standing waiting on the pair of them
"Enjoy yourself" I hugged Charles goodbye "you already know every square inch of that track so it'll be a breeze" I laughed trying to pick Charles' spirit up as I could tell he was nervous for this one. I sat back down watching him walk away, giving him a wave when he turned back around to do the same. He kept giving me butterflies and I honestly felt like a little girl having her first crush again.

Emma and I finished our breakfast, paid our bill and headed to the shops ready to hurt the bank account a little. We shopped for hours and ended up laden with bags, needing to get a taxi back to the apartment. We slumped down on the couch after getting changed into comfy clothes, both way too tired to move to do anything.

"Lucino's" I suggested after a few minutes of lying on the couch
"You read my mind" Emma chuckled

We forced ourselves to go downstairs and got our pizza before returning to our place on the couch. Our plan of action was to have our food, have a nap then have our usual fashion show of new buys to plan our outfits for the weekend.

Emma went first, showcasing her many buys of her spree before settling on her two outfits. It was then my turn to do the same, pulling everything out of the bags and matching it with my wardrobe. I decided to keep my FP outfit quite casual because I thought there would be a lot of sitting about in the pits as Charles did his thing, and picked a cute summer dress for the race.