Hometown Heartbreak

Last night Emma and I got back to the apartment and both fell asleep on the couch watching Netflix again. We were awoken by the sounds of engines roaring outside the window and I panicked switching the TV over to the sports channel relieved that it was only the F2 sprint race we were missing and not qualifying.
I woke Emma up and we both got ready to go food shopping, thinking it was better to get it in early and spend the afternoon watching the qualifying in peace. We stocked up on food for the week and made sure to get plenty of snacks and pain killers for the Monday after the night out because I'm pretty sure these drivers will go all out in Monaco.
I had planned a pamper preparation day for the two of us so when we got back I set up hair masks, face masks, tools and nail polish for manicures and pedicures and snacks to pick at throughout the day.

emmasmithh

story posted

story posted

I quickly text Charles before qualifying started

Jen
Good luck out there today, go smash it 🥳
Well not literally but do your best xx

Charles
Thank you, just wish you could be here

Jen
We'll be cheering you on from the balcony x

And with that we took our face masks off and took our seats on the balcony. We watched as the cars set off on their out laps, cheering every time a Ferrari came round the corner. The television still blaring in the background to inform us that Charles had taken P1 in Q1, 2 and 3. I couldn't be more proud, starting at the front of the grid for his home Grand Prix, only wishing I had been there to celebrate with him.
I proceeded to have a shower, washing the mask out of my hair, exfoliating and shaving in preparation for our night out tomorrow. I popped on some gradual tanning moisturiser to give me a bit of life after scrubbing about six layers of skin off in the shower and flung on shorts and an oversized tshirt before drying my hair.
By the time that was finished, Emma and I were starving so I quickly made some chilli for the both of us. When we were finished and lying on the couch watching tv my phone pinged.

Charles
Hello 😊

Jen
Hey, I didn't want to bother you, I thought you would have lots of interviews and meetings so I didn't want to be a pest x
Congrats on today, you were amazing 🥳x

Charles
Never been so glad to see a red flag at the end of qualifying 😅
Can't wait to see you tomorrow and for you to see your first race in person x

Jen
Me too ☺️x
Go rest, you've got a big day tomorrow x

Charles
Night xx

Jen
😘

Emma and I did our nails and we sat and watched Netflix. We didn't need to say anything however we both knew we were nervous for the outcome of tomorrow and our night out. There were the usual nervy night out vibes but this was on another level, now aware of the level of publicity these boys get and that all eyes would be on them after the race. Once our nails were dry we decided to go to bed and get up early to get ready for the race.